|Bid||25.63 x 0|
|Ask||25.64 x 0|
|Day's range||25.57 - 25.85|
|52-week range||24.08 - 30.37|
|Beta (3Y Monthly)||1.06|
|PE ratio (TTM)||11.62|
|Earnings date||26 Oct 2018|
|Forward dividend & yield||1.00 (3.95%)|
|1y target est||32.12|
In this article, we will compare the latest quarterly performance of three local banks to determine the best performer.
A mini-series of articles comparing Singapore's bank shares, this time with a comparison of their long-term track record of growth.
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) raised the US federal funds rate (FFR) by 25 basis points (bps) on 26 Sep-2018, and indicated the possibility of another FFR hike in December with three more to follow next year. Historically, there is a positive correlation between FFR and 3-month SIBOR, which has also risen to an average of 1.63% in 3Q18 from 1.51% in the prior quarter representing a 12 bps q-o-q increment. This will help to widen the 3Q18 net interest margin for United Overseas Bank (UOB). Furthermore, healthy sales in recent property launches indicated that the Government’s property cooling measures in early July might have limited impact on mortgage growth. Meanwhile, UOB pressed on with its plans for a digital bank, which we believed will be positive for its long-term growth as we await more implementation details. Maintain BUY. RHB Research (28 Sep)
Despite Singapore’s healthy economic fundamentals and strong corporate earnings performance in 2Q18, analysts are striking a more cautious tone. Analysts are touting that earnings momentum is expected to decelerate, bringing an end to 18 months of earnings upgrades.
SINGAPORE (Sept 26): United Overseas Bank’s near-term loans growth is not expected to be affected by trade war and property cooling measures, say analysts.
US tariffs on S$200 billion worth of Chinese-made goods kick in, the Fed to announce its latest interest-rate decision, and Singapore bank lending are some of the highlights next week.
* Most markets rise as trade war concerns fade * Singapore, Indonesia climb for third session By Sumeet Gaikwad Sept 21 (Reuters) - Philippine shares jumped 3.5 percent on Friday, the most in 32 months, ...
This article looks at three reasons why investors might find United Overseas Bank Ltd (SGX: U11) an interesting investment.
* Financials drag Malaysian index lower * Indonesia falls for second straight session * Thailand posts near 4-month closing high By Sumeet Gaikwad Sept 18 (Reuters) - Southeast Asian stock markets were ...
* Philippine shares fall to 2-month low * Singapore down for a second straight session By Sumeet Gaikwad Sept 18 (Reuters) - Southeast Asian stock markets fell on Tuesday, in line with Asian peers, after ...
* Vietnam climbs for fifth straight session * Singapore, Malaysian, Thai shares also rise By Karthika Suresh Namboothiri Sept 13 (Reuters) - Indonesian shares jumped on Thursday and Philippine stocks saw ...
This article highlights five positive things that investors should know about United Overseas Bank Ltd's (SGX: U11) latest earnings update.
Singapore's Straits Times Index (SGX: ^STI) is down for the year so far. But if we widen our horizon from months to years, a select group of STI stocks have done pretty well.
* Indonesia posts near 2-week closing low * Singapore falls for 4th straight session By Sumeet Gaikwad Sept 3 (Reuters) - Indonesian stocks fell on Monday as the rupiah fell to a 20-year low and as inflation ...
DBS Group Holdings Ltd (SGX: D05) shares, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp Limited (SGX: O39) shares, and United Overseas Bank Ltd (SGX: U11) shares hold the biggest sway among the constituents of the Straits Times Index.
Here are 5 positive things that investors should know about DBS Group Holdings Ltd (SGX: D05) latest earnings update.
* Malaysia posts three-month closing high * Philippines posts over two-week closing high * Trade tensions seen lingering for some time - Mizuho By Sumeet Gaikwad Aug 28 (Reuters) - Southeast Asian stock ...
* Thailand hit over 2-week high * Malaysia touches 3-month high * Philippine markets closed By Sumeet Gaikwad Aug 27 (Reuters) - Southeast Asian stock markets rose on Monday, tracking Wall Street's record ...
* Indonesia snaps three straight sessions of gains * Vietnam posts sixth consecutive weekly gain * S'pore industrial production growth slows in July By Mensholong Lepcha Aug 24 (Reuters) - Southeast Asian ...
We look at the share repurchases of United Overseas Bank Ltd (SGX: U11), DBS Group Holdings Ltd (SGX: D05) and Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp Limited (SGX: O39).
* Singapore extends losses into 5th straight session * Indonesia resumes fall after previous session's gains By Ambar Warrick Aug 16 (Reuters) - Southeast Asian stocks fell on Thursday, pressured by an ...