If you are visiting Singapore as a tourist or for a business trip and intending to buy mobile phones, gadgets, computers or computer related components, this article is for you. Hopefully you will stumble upon this via Google before you actually visit Singapore.
First and foremost, DO NOT BUY anything from Lucky Plaza. The only thing you should go to Lucky Plaza for is food. You might have recently read that a Bangladeshi businessman paid S$10,103 (US$7,720) for two iPhones with extended warranty from Lucky Plaza.
Sim Lim Square
- Address: 1 Rochor Canal Road, Sim Lim Square, Singapore 188504
- Contact: +65 6736 2000
- Website: http://www.simlimsquare.com.sg
The most popular place to get gadgets or computer related components will be at Sim Lim Square, but try to avoid buying anything from the first two floors. I would recommend Fuwell at #04-02F/G or PC Themes at #04-19. Do note that most of the prices you see are for cash payment only, they do charge about 7 percent extra if you are paying with credit card. The opening hours are pretty short, most of the shops don’t have official opening hours, but in general, they are open from 12pm to 7pm daily.
My favorite store would be Fuwell at #04-02F/G.
- Address: 1 Rochor Canal Road, Sim Lim Square, #04-02F/G, Singapore 188504
- Opening Hours: 12pm to 7pm daily
- Contact: +65 6339 3901
- Email: sales AT fuwell DOT com DOT sg
- Website: http://www.fuwell.com.sg
- Address: 1 Rochor Canal Road, Sim Lim Square, #04-19, Singapore 188504
- Opening Hours: 12pm to 7pm daily
- Contact: +65 6339 8339
- Email: pcthemes AT yahoo DOT com
Funan – Digital Life Mall
- Address: 109 North Bridge Road, Funan Digita Life Mall, Singapore 179097
- Contact: +65 6336 8327
- Website: http://www.funan.com.sg/
The next best place would be Funan, as prices there are slightly more expensive than Sim Lim Square. Most shops accept credit cards and technically you are paying slightly more for a peace of mind as the number of trustworthy and reputable shops in Funan is more than the notorious Sim Lim Square.
My favourite store would be Challenger at #06-00.
- Address: 109 North Bridge Rd, Funan Digita Life Mall, #06-00, Singapore 179097
- Opening Hours: 10am to 10pm daily
- Contact: +65 6339 9008
- Email: fc AT challenger DOT sg
- Website: http://www.challenger.com.sg
Far East Plaza
- Address: 14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza, Singapore 228213
- Contact: +65 6222 2121
If you are thinking of getting mobile phones, Far East Plaza is the place to be. There are three shops there I’d recommend: Mobile Square at #02-98, WhyMobile at #03-126 and Moby Shop #03-76A. I used to go to Mobile Square because there wasn’t much competition at that time despite the service being not that great.
These three shops do sell Apple products like iPhones and iPads, but of course they are priced a little bit more expensive than the Apple Online Store (Singapore) because they have ready stock.
My favorite store would be Moby Shop at #02-52.
- Address: 14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza, #02-98, Singapore 228213
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri: 1pm to 9pm, Sat: 11am to 9pm, Sun: 12pm to 8pm
- Contact: +65 6733 3747
- Website: http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg
- Address: 14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza, #03-126, Singapore 228213
- Opening hours: 2pm to 9pm daily
- Contact: +65 6733 6881
- Email: sales AT whymobile DOT com
- Website: http://www.whymobile.com
- Address: 14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza, #02-52, Singapore 228213
- Opening hours: 2pm to 9pm Daily
- Contact: +65 6733 4110
- Email: sales AT mobyshop DOT com DOT sg
- Website: http://mobyshop.com.sg
Any more electronic shops to recommend? Feel free to leave it in the comments.
This article was republished with permission from LesterChan.net.
This post Don’t get scammed: best places to buy mobile phones, gadgets, and computers in Singapore appeared first on Tech in Asia.