FORT WAYNE, IN--(Marketwire -03/16/12)- WaterFurnace International, Inc., a leading manufacturer of residential and commercial geothermal and water source heat pumps, introduces the 5 Series, an upgrade to the popular Envision® product line that delivers whole-home comfort at efficiencies that are among the world's highest.
The 5 Series 500A11 combines forced air heating and air conditioning and generates a portion of a home's hot water, all from a single unit. Available in nine single-speed and six dual-capacity sizes from 1 to 6 tons, the geothermal heat pump system uses environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant and features a variety of advanced technology and components. Copeland Scroll™ compressors are mounted on double isolation plates for extra quiet operation. Dual capacity units include Scroll UltraTech™ compressors for added efficiency and reliability.
A variable-speed electronically commutated motor (ECM) further enhances system efficiency, running only at the speed required. Other choices include a standard permanent split capacitor (PSC) or high efficiency X13 blower motor for comfort and quiet operation.
The 5 Series 500A11 includes these other design components:
- Sophisticated Aurora controls that provide two-way communications with components for superior performance and troubleshooting capabilities
- WaterFurnace's exclusive FormiShield™ Plus coating on the air coil, which resists corrosion and increases equipment life while improving efficiency and dehumidification during cooling
- Optional hot water assist to preheat water and deliver it to a home's hot water heater
- IntelliStart® optional soft starter, which reduces start-up amperage to 30 percent of normal draw, reducing noise, eliminating light flicker and increasing compressor life
- Standard pleated Merv 11 filter, with an optional pleated Merv 13 available
- Cabinet with a professional grade finish for long-lasting beauty and protection.
In addition, the 5 Series exceeds ENERGY STAR® requirements and qualifies for a 30 percent federal tax credit.
To learn more, visit the WaterFurnace website at www.waterfurnace.com.
WaterFurnace International, Inc.
WaterFurnace International, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of residential, commercial, industrial and institutional geothermal and water source heat pumps. Products from WaterFurnace include energy-efficient and environmentally friendly geothermal comfort systems, indoor air quality products and pool heaters. WaterFurnace (TSX: WFI.TO - News) was founded in 1983, and the company is headquartered in Fort Wayne, Ind. For the latest news and updates from WaterFurnace, connect with us on your favorite social media sites -- follow us on Twitter (@WaterFurnace), like us on Facebook or view the WaterFurnace YouTube Channel.
WaterFurnace International, Inc. - http://www.waterfurnace.com/
geothermal - http://www.waterfurnace.com/how-it-works.aspx
heat pumps - http://www.waterfurnace.com/geothermal-heat-pumps.aspx
5 Series - http://www.waterfurnace.com/products.aspx?prd=500A11
ENERGY STAR® - http://www.energystar.gov
tax credit - http://www.waterfurnace.com/tax_credits.aspx
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/WaterFurnace
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1920080