Stocks are off to a nice start this week as the S&P 500 is up around 0.8 percent at lunchtime in the United States.
Once again, some of the market's most heavily-shorted stocks are leading indices higher with big gains to the upside:
- Moody's (MCO) is up 2.2. percent.
- Seagate Technology (STX) is up 2.0 percent.
- Ford Motor (F) is up 1.9 percent.
- M&T Bank Corp (MTB) is up 1.8 percent.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) is up 1.6 percent.
- Range Resources (RRC) is also up 1.6 percent.
Stocks in almost every sector are catching a bid today. Telecommunications is the only group down on the day. It's fallen less than 0.1 percent so far. Meanwhile, financials and consumer services stocks are leading the rally, up 1.6 percent and 1.2 percent, respectively.
More From Business Insider