Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Tuesday:
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock inched down 0.1% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (12:20 GMT) ahead of an expected announcement on pricing for its TV streaming service, which is scheduled to accompany the latest updates to its iPhone lineup.
• Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) stock was down 0.5% while Google (NASDAQ:GOOGL) was down 0.4% after U.S. states expanded their antitrust activity against big Internet platforms.
• Altria (NYSE:MO) stock fell 0.6% after Piper Jaffray lowered its rating of the tobacco company to 'neutral' from 'overweight' due to concerns over its potential merger with Philip Morris International (NYSE:PM) and increased regulatory scrutiny of vaping products, CNBC reported.
• Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) stock dipped 4.5% after ratings agency Moody's downgraded its bond rating to junk status on Monday.
• Ctrip.Com (NASDAQ:CTRP) stock fell 3.2% after the China-based travel service’s revenue came in below forecasts.
• Wendy’s (NASDAQ:WEN) stock slumped 6.7% after it announced it was spending $20 million to bring breakfast to more than 5,800 domestic locations. The company will have to hire 20,000 extra staff for the initiative.