Company honors its best before- and after-school teachers with 2019 Quality Awards.
KinderCare Education (KCE) today announced its annual Champions Quality Achievement Award Winners. Six educators from Champions, KCE’s before- and after-school program, were recognized with the honor. The award celebrates the art of teaching and rejoices individuals who cultivate high-quality programs, demonstrate exceptional teaching skills and show exemplary dedication and service to children and families.
"At Champions, we strive to deliver the very best in before- and after-school care, giving kids a safe environment to learn and have fun, and parents peace of mind knowing their children are being cared for," said Champions President Dan Figurski. "Our Quality Achievement Award Winners truly rise to their calling. From an 18-year employee and youth sports coach in California who works closely with children with varying needs, to a teacher in Ohio known for the relationships she’s built in her community to better support families, these teachers and directors represent the best of what Champions has to offer."
The 2019 Champions Quality Achievement Award Winners are:
- Lindsay Capatasto, a Site Director at Joseph C. Caruso Elementary School in Keansburg, New Jersey
- Dana Dixon, a Lead Teacher at Timberlane Learning Center in Dayton, Ohio
- Deri-Kaye Ripel, a Site Director at San Gabriel Elementary in Atascadero, California
- Jimonique Schueler, a Site Director at Legacy Peak in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Jacqueline Truett, a Site Director at Coleman Place Elementary in Norfolk, Virginia
- Melissa Wild Lohnes, a Site Director at Tumalo Community School in Redmond, Oregon
In addition to the celebrations happening in their communities, KCE also recognizes their award winners with an all-expense paid trip to attend the National Afterschool Association Convention in Washington, D.C. in March.
About Champions® Before- and After-School Programs
More than just a before- and after-school program, Champions is a true community partner for schools and hardworking families. As a leading provider of out-of-school-time learning and education programs, Champions offers kids fun activities in a challenging environment; giving parents peace of mind, and administrators a dedicated partner in delivering high-quality education. There are more than 600 Champions sites in 23 states and the District of Columbia. For more information, visit DiscoverChampions.
About KinderCare Education®
KinderCare Education is America’s largest private provider of early childhood education and child care. KinderCare has more than 36,000 teachers and staff serving hardworking families in 40 states and the District of Columbia caring for more than 186,000 children every day:
- In neighborhoods, with KinderCare® Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old;
- At work, through KinderCare Education at Work™, providing customized family benefits for more than 400 employers around the country, including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care, and
- In local schools, with Champions® before- and after-school programs.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, KinderCare operates more than 1,500 early learning centers, and more than 600 Champions sites. In 2019, KinderCare earned its third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award. To learn more, visit KinderCare Education.
503-872-1300, option 3