- Neonode (NEON) Jumps: Stock Rises 8.6% Zacks - 53 minutes ago
Neonode, Inc. was a big mover last session, as the company saw its shares rise over 8% on the day.
- Apple, Google Vie for Exclusive Game Apps @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
The battle between Apple and Google for mobile dominance is spreading to the most lucrative genre of apps: videogames. They are offering top titles a promotional boost if the games arrive first in their ...
- Tech Giants Discussed Hiring, Say Documents @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
New details on class action against Apple, Google, Intel and Adobe show how Facebook rejected the alleged hiring circle.
- Spansion (CODE) in Focus: Stock Moves 5.1% Higher Zacks - 3 hours ago
Spansion Inc. (CODE) was a big mover last session, as the company saw its shares rise by over 5% on the day.
- Echo of 1984 Betamax landmark in U.S. high court Aereo … Reuters - 17 hours ago
By Lawrence Hurley and Liana B. Baker WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - When the U.S. Supreme Court hears a one-hour oral argument in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, it will not be the first time the court's nine justices will have the final say over the fate of a new TV viewing technology. Thirty years ago, the big media …
- Google Is Planning A $100 Smartphone [Report] Business Insider - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 10:56 PM SGT
Google is actually expected to launch the Nexus 6 later this year.
- Why Google Isn't Growing Business Insider - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 8:03 PM SGT
"Google’s growth is ultimately limited by the population of users and that itself is a predictable number."
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review Associated Press - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 1:18 PM SGT
- [$$] After Tech's Selloff, Earnings Lack a Big Imp … @ Barrons.com - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:01 PM SGT
The abbreviated U.S. trading week was appropriately clipped: The four days saw the first earnings reports from tech land for March, and they were anything but memorable. The first earnings reports came from the underdogs of tech: Yahoo! (YHOO) and Intel (INTC) both performed better than expected, though their shares were …
- 5 features an Amazon phone might offer AP - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 9:46 AM SGT
- Week Ahead: Earnings Dominate the Calendar @ Fox Business - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 2:59 AM SGT
iHit or iMiss? Earnings reports dominate next week?s calendar with Apple?s earnings ? as usual ? expected to garner the most attention.
- Mandiant: Hackers Broke In Using Heartbleed The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Apr 19, 2014 12:19 AM SGT
Hackers successfully used the Heartbleed bug to break into a Mandiant customer's network, the boutique security firm said Friday. Mandiant, a unit of FireEye, didn't name the client affected and there is no evidence hackers actually stole data. Earlier this week, Canadian authorities arrested a man for exploiting Heartbleed …
- [$$] Buy Apple, HP and Ciena Ahead of Earnings @ Barrons.com - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:38 PM SGT
JPMorgan Growth stocks have been victim of the growth-to-value rotation that started on April 2 after the Standard & Poor's 500 hit an all-time high of 1,891. Since March 4, the Russell 1000 Value Index has outperformed the Russell 1000 Growth Index by about 4%, with the most severe pullback in best-performing momentum …
- Microsoft: Xbox One Sales Top 5M @ Fox Business - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 9:55 PM SGT
Microsoft has sold more than five million Xbox One gaming consoles to retailers, trailing rival Sony.
- Microsoft Sells Over 5 Million Xbox Ones @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 9:18 PM SGT
Microsoft said it has sold more than five million Xbox One consoles to retail shops since the product was launched in November.
- The Heartbleed Bug Is Mostly Fixed, But There Are Still … Business Insider - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 9:08 PM SGT
Although many of the most important sites on the Web have been fixed, more than 20,000 sites are still affected by Heartbleed.
- Telecom Italia’s New Board of Directors Confirms Patuano … @ Bloomberg - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 8:46 PM SGT
Telecom Italia SpA (TIT) ’s newly elected board today confirmed Marco Patuano, 49, as chief executive officer. Patuano, a 24-year company veteran, took the helm of Italy’s largest phone company last October ...
- Essential Tips For Saving Time In Google Search And … Business Insider - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 9:36 AM SGT
Even if you're a Google expert, chances are there are still some tips and tricks that could save you a lot of time.
- Taiwan Semi outlook bullish Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:45 AM SGT
The contract semiconductor manufacturer forecast $5.97 bil-$6.07 bil revenue this quarter, which would crush consensus of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters for $4.83 bil. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing ...
- Union Pacific Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:45 AM SGT
Union Pacific (UNP) said Q1 EPS climbed 17% to $2.38, beating views by a penny. Revenue rose 6.6% to $5.6 bil, missing views for $5.7 bil. The railroad operator's freight increased 6% year over year with ...
- Philip Morris' Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:43 AM SGT
Philip Morris' (PM) Q1 EPS fell 7.9% to $1.19, beating views by 3 cents. Sales fell 8.8% to $6.9 bil, under views for $7 bil. The cigarette maker sees full-year EPS of $5.09- $5.19 vs. the $5.12 that analysts ...
- PepsiCo Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:43 AM SGT
PepsiCo (PEP) said Q1 EPS jumped 7.8% to 83 cents, beating estimates by 8 cents. Revenue rose 0.2% to $12.6 bil, above views for $12.4 bil. Snack volume rose 2%, but global beverage volume was flat. Shares ...
- Nokia Unit, Cellcom in LTE Pact Zacks - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:10 AM SGT
Nokia Corporation's wholly-owned subsidiary Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN) has recently cut a deal with one of Israel's leading telecom operators, Cellcom.
- Most active Nasdaq-traded stocks AP - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:02 AM SGT
A look at Nasdaq 10 most-active stocks at the close of trading: Cisco Systems Inc. rose .8 percent to $23.21 with 47,542,000 shares traded. Facebook Inc. fell 1.3 percent to $58.94 with 77,145,000 shares ...
- Final Glance: Telecom companies AP - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:01 AM SGT
Shares of some top telecom companies were mixed at the close of trading: AT&T Inc. fell $.06 or .2 percent, to $36.04. Verizon Communications Inc. rose $.50 or 1.1 percent, to $47.60.
- Final Glance: Computer companies AP - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 6:01 AM SGT
Shares of some top computer companies were mixed at the close of trading: Apple Inc. rose $5.93 or 1.1 percent, to $524.94. Hewlett Packard Co. fell $.56 or 1.7 percent, to $31.93. International Business ...
- Advanced Micro Devices pares 1Q loss as sales grow Associated Press - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 5:24 AM SGT
Chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices said Thursday it took a smaller loss in the first quarter as sales of visual and graphics chips climbed. The company said revenue from its graphics and visual solutions ...
- Broadcom's Quad-Core Processor for Lava QPAD Zacks - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 4:00 AM SGT
Broadcom announced the selection of its quad-core HSPA+ turnkey platform by mobile manufacturer Lava International Limited to power its newly released QPAD e704 tablet.
- What's Dragging Down Google's Results? Zacks - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 3:33 AM SGT
Google grew but missed our estimates on both the top and bottom lines.
- Facebook Adds Mobile Feature for Finding Nearby Fr … @ Bloomberg - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:58 AM SGT
Facebook Inc. (FB) will let people know when their friends are nearby via smartphone notifications, adding features for its growing base of mobile users. Consumers can customize the tool, called Nearby Friends, to see a certain group of people for a set period of time, or turn it off completely, the Menlo Park, California-based …
- [$$] Software Picks to Play IBM Q1 Trends @ Barrons.com - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:43 AM SGT
Raymond James & Associates Both International Business Machines' first-quarter total revenue and software revenue slightly missed. IBM (ticker: IBM) reported revenue of $22.5 billion, down 2% in constant ...
- [$$] IBM: Value or Value Trap? @ Barrons.com - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 2:15 AM SGT
Big Blue's lack of top-line growth is a big problem for the technology giant. International Business Machines (IBM) shares fell 3.5% to $189.90 Wednesday afternoon after the technology giant reported late Tuesday a 4% drop in first-quarter sales to $22.48 billion. This marks the eighth straight quarter that IBM has failed …
- Is Amazon Set to Launch a 3D Smartphone? Zacks - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:51 AM SGT
Amazon.com Inc. is reportedly entering the booming smartphone industry, with its own long-rumored 3D smartphone set for a June launch.
- As IBM Sells Off, Investors Ask: What's Next? @ Fox Business - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:50 AM SGT
The world?s largest technology-services company reported its lowest quarterly revenue in five years as it grapples with falling demand in hardware and faces challenges in growing markets like China.
- Yahoo! Proposes 3 Executives to Board Zacks - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 1:43 AM SGT
Yahoo! Inc. recently nominated three new directors to its board including its co-founder David Filo.
- SanDisk Jumps After Earnings, Sales Forecast Exceed … @ Bloomberg - Fri, Apr 18, 2014 12:20 AM SGT
SanDisk Corp. (SNDK)’s push into speedier computer storage is paying off at a faster pace than Wall Street expected. First-quarter net income jumped 62 percent to $268.9 million, or $1.14 a share, exceeding the $1.08 average estimate, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Under Chief Executive Officer Sanjay Mehrotra, …
- Early Glance: Internet companies AP - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:31 PM SGT
Shares of some top internet companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Amazon rose $2.06 or .6 percent, to $325.74. eBay rose $.12 or .2 percent, to $54.81. Google A fell $19.10 or 3.4 percent, to $544.80. Groupon ...
- Early Glance: Telecom companies AP - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:31 PM SGT
Shares of some top telecom companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: AT&T Inc. fell $.04 or .1 percent, to $36.06. Verizon Communications Inc. rose $.11 or .2 percent, to $47.21.
- Early Glance: Computer companies AP - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:31 PM SGT
Shares of some top computer companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Apple Inc. rose $1.19 or .2 percent, to $520.20. Hewlett Packard Co. fell $.56 or 1.7 percent, to $31.94. International Business Machines Corp. ...
- This Chart Clearly Shows Why IBM Must Change Business Insider - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:26 PM SGT
IBM is a hugely profitable company. But it's...
- Linear Technology Beats on Q3 Earnings Zacks - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:10 PM SGT
Linear Technology Corp. reported third-quarter 2014 earnings of 50 cents, surpassing the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 4 cents.
- What If Google Is Actually *Weak* In Search? Business Insider - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 11:08 PM SGT
Google is the big, bloated incumbent, ripe for disruption by new, leaner, quicker startups who realize that search isn't about your mom sitting with her laptop typing "new shoes" into a text ...
- Twitter announces mobile app install cards Gigaom - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 10:26 PM SGT
App developers will have a new way to reach potential users on Twitter: The company announced Thursday that it will support mobile-app install cards, meaning that users can install apps directly from a ...
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Sees Hammer Chart Pattern: Time to … Zacks - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:42 PM SGT
Amazon.com (AMZN) Sees Hammer Chart Pattern: Time to Buy?
- Twitter Goes After a Facebook Cash Cow The New York Times - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:01 PM SGT
The social network will begin offering “app install ads,” which prompt smartphone users to try new games and other apps. The category has been a lucrative franchise for Facebook.
- Twitter to Start Sell Mobile-App Promotions @ Bloomberg - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 9:00 PM SGT
Twitter Inc. (TWTR) said its new mobile-advertising product will be able to reach more than 1 billion devices, rivaling the number of users on Facebook Inc. (FB) The ads, aimed at software makers seeking to encourage downloads of their applications, will be carried both on Twitter and outside the microblogging service, …
- Facebook to Notify Users When Friends are Nearby The Wall Street Journal - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:59 PM SGT
Facebook users will soon be able to receive notices on their mobile app when they're near friends, signaling an effort by the online social network to play a bigger role in real-world interactions. Users will have to opt in separately to the feature, called "Nearby Friends," and agree to give Facebook permission to track …
- 3 ETFs to Watch on Weak IBM Earnings Zacks - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:42 PM SGT
Investors should keep a close eye to these tech ETFs as disappointing IBM result suggest continued challenges for the sector in the coming days.
- IBM Q1 Earnings in Line, Revs Lag Again Zacks - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:20 PM SGT
IBM reported disappointing revenues in the first quarter of 2014, which missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for the fifth straight quarter.
- SanDisk Up on Q1 Earnings Beat Zacks - Thu, Apr 17, 2014 8:00 PM SGT
SanDisk's first-quarter adjusted earnings of $1.32 per share came ahead of the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.17.