- Foxconn Launches New E-Commerce Platform in China @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 minutes ago
The world’s biggest contract electronics manufacturer, Foxconn, is making a move into e-commerce in China, aiming to go head-to-head with the likes of Alibaba and JD.com.
- Fed's Yellen Fretted Over Weak Recovery in 2009, Transcripts … @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 minutes ago
Janet Yellen emerged in the Federal Reserve’s 2009 transcripts as a prescient forecaster of the dim outlook for the U.S. economy following the 2007-09 recession and financial crisis.
- India Court Blocks Rape Documentary @ The Wall Street Journal - 19 minutes ago
An Indian court blocked the broadcast of a documentary about a 2012 gang rape and murder, saying an interview in the film with one of the perpetrators could “cause huge public outcry.”
- JBS Bid May Open Door to China @ The Wall Street Journal - 21 minutes ago
Australia’s government has approved a $1.13 billion bid by Brazil’s JBS to buy local small-goods producer Primo Group, in a deal that may help it sell processed pig meat in China.
- Alibaba Opens Silicon Valley Data Center @ The Wall Street Journal - 30 minutes ago
Alibaba said it is opening a data center in Silicon Valley, the Chinese e-commerce company’s first in the U.S., as it expands its cloud-computing business outside China.
- U.S. Stocks Decline @ The Wall Street Journal - 54 minutes ago
U.S. stocks fell Wednesday for the second session in a row, sending the S&P 500 index to its lowest level in nearly two weeks.
- India Cuts Interest Rate for Second Time in 2015 @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 16 minutes ago
India’s central bank surprised markets with a cut to its key lending rate for the second time this year, as it joined a world-wide trend of monetary easing.
- Buffett to Raise €3 Billion in Bond Sale @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
Berkshire Hathaway expects to raise around €3 billion in its first euro-denominated bond sale as the company seeks out possible European acquisitions, said a person familiar with the company.
- Malaysia Orders Auditor to Verify 1MDB Accounts @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 40 minutes ago
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said he has instructed the country’s auditor general to “independently verify” the financial accounts of troubled state investment fund 1Malaysia Development.
- Toyota Opts to Diversify Senior Posts @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
Toyota tapped a foreigner as an executive vice president for the first time in the company’s nearly eight-decade history.
- China to Show Hand on Growth Strategy @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 51 minutes ago
As China open its biggest political event of the year, the clue to how Beijing intends to handle economic downshifting on almost every front will be mainly in one number: the target for growth.
- China to Boost Military Budget by About 10% @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Beijing’s increase in military spending suggests that an economic slowdown will have limited impact on modernization plans that include new submarines, aircraft carriers and stealth fighter jets.
- Alibaba Pushes Further Into Showbiz @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Alibaba Group Holding is buying a $382 million stake in Chinese production company Beijing Enlight Media.
- Standard Chartered Seeks to Steady Ship @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Standard Chartered cheered investors by saying it has no plans to sell new shares but laid out a bleak view for future growth after profit fell sharply in 2014.
- Macquarie to Buy 90 Airliners @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
Australia’s Macquarie Group struck a deal to buy a portfolio of 90 commercial airliners for $4 billion, bolstering its aircraft-leasing business and further diversifying away from its investment-banking ...
- BlackBerry to Launch Four New Devices @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
BlackBerry Ltd. said a new touch-screen phone will be one of four devices it launches this year, as it bolsters its turnaround effort.
- Netanyahu Urges Congress to Block 'Bad Deal' With … @ The Wall Street Journal - 5 hours ago
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu declared in a speech to a joint session of Congress that an emerging diplomatic agreement with Iran would ensure that Tehran eventually acquires a nuclear weapon.
- Google+, a Disappointment With a Purpose The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
Bloomberg News Sundar Pichai, senior vice president of products at Google, speaks during a keynote session at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, on Monday, March 2, 2015. Google reorganized the leadership of Google+ again this week, its latest effort to salvage pieces of its faltering social unit. The changes …
- EQT Considers Cashing Out in Singapore @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
European private-equity firm EQT is considering a sale of Classic Fine Foods, a Singapore-based importer and food distributor, in a $300 million deal, joining the list of private-equity firms looking to ...
- Turkish Jet Veers Off Runway in Nepal @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
A Turkish Airlines jetliner veered off the runway in Nepal with no injuries to the passengers or damage to the body of the plane, according to civil-aviation officials.
- Olam CEO Backs Role of Short Sellers @ The Wall Street Journal - 10 hours ago
Olam International’s Chief Executive Sunny Verghese has backed the role short sellers play in stock markets, just over two years after the commodity-trading company fell victim to a high-profile attack ...
- Indian Shares Rise on Rate Cut @ The Wall Street Journal - 11 hours ago
Stocks in India rose to a fresh high after the country’s central bank surprised with another interest-rate cut, while China’s two main markets were down.
- RBA: Australia Unemployment Likely to Rise @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
Australia’s unemployment has further to rise as economic growth is below levels needed to drive the jobless rate lower, said John Edwards, a member of the Reserve Bank of Australia’s interest-rate setting ...
- Seoul Swallows Tough Medicine for Economy @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
Government’s push for telemedicine, now available only on remote islands, is a test case for a broader effort to reduce the country’s dependence on exports.
- Asiana Settles Suits With 72 Passengers Over 2013 … @ The Wall Street Journal - 13 hours ago
More than 70 passengers aboard an Asiana Airlines flight that crashed in San Francisco two years ago have reached a settlement in their lawsuits against the airline, attorneys for the passengers and airline ...
- Australia's Slowdown Sets Stage for Another Rate C … @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 hours ago
Australia’s economy isn’t growing fast enough to prevent rising unemployment this year, strengthening the case for a further cut in interest rates in coming months.
- Exchanges in Asia Seek to Counter China Stock Tie- … @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 hours ago
Exchanges in Japan, Singapore and Taiwan are exploring new connections, after the combination of Hong Kong and Shanghai claimed the top spot in Asia.
- J.P. Morgan Treasurer to Step Down @ The Wall Street Journal - 14 hours ago
J.P. Morgan’s treasurer is planning to leave the bank but will stay on until a successor is on board.
- Asia's Deal Machine Has Sand in Gears @ The Wall Street Journal - 15 hours ago
Investment-banking revenue in the Asia-Pacific region has gotten off to its slowest start in six years, set back by a drought in initial public offerings and a slump in mergers and loans.
- Citigroup Deal Shrinks the Bank's Umbrella @ The Wall Street Journal - 15 hours ago
The move to sell its U.S. subprime-lending business to Springleaf Holdings is emblematic of postcrisis regulations forcing banks out of their old mind-set of trying to serve as many customers as possible ...
- Crackdown Deals Macau a Rough Hand @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 hours ago
Macau gambling revenue remained in a free fall in February, sinking 49% from a year earlier amid China’s crackdown on corruption.
- Auto Makers Gear Up to Take on Google and Apple @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 hours ago
The old-school auto makers are gearing up to take on the threat posed by emerging competitors Google Inc. and Apple Inc. in a technological and financial gunfight.
- Best Buy Rewards Shareholders @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 hours ago
Best Buy unveiled plans to buy back shares for the first time since 2012 and boosted its dividend by 21%, as the electronics retailer posted better-than-expected profit in its holiday quarter.
- Inflation in Developed Economies Halved in January @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 hours ago
The annual rate of inflation across the world’s developed economies more than halved in January, reaching its lowest level since the recession that followed the global financial crisis.
- SUV Sales Plow Through February @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 hours ago
Poor weather modestly dented the pace of U.S. auto sales in February, but did little to stem America’s increasing thirst for pricey trucks and SUVs.
- Australia Presses Jakarta on Drug Duo @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 hours ago
Australia urged Indonesia to delay plans to execute two Australian drug convicts transferred to a prison island, with Foreign Minister Julie Bishop saying it would be “unthinkable” to put the pair before ...
- Federal Agents Raid Alleged 'Maternity Tourism' Businesses … @ The Wall Street Journal - 18 hours ago
Federal agents executed search warrants at several Southern California sites they say are connected to three multimillion-dollar birth-tourism businesses that enabled thousands of Chinese women to travel ...
- Barclays Hit by Forex Charge @ The Wall Street Journal - 19 hours ago
Barclays raised its provision for potential foreign-exchange settlements to $1.92 billion, leading it to report a full-year net loss, but said an effort to shrink and restructure its business is starting ...
- U.S. Stocks Retreat @ The Wall Street Journal - 20 hours ago
U.S. stocks fell Tuesday, retreating from Monday gains that pushed the Nasdaq Composite above 5000 for the first time in nearly 15 years and sent other indexes to fresh records.
- What Manny Pacquiao's Camp Is Afraid Of @ The Wall Street Journal - 23 hours ago
As Manny Pacquiao begins preparing for his May 2 showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr., his trainer is wary of one particular aspect of the opponent’s game: Mayweather’s habit of trash-talking in the ring....
- Samsung Bets on Its Chips in Galaxy S6 @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 2:31 AM SGT
The most important feature of Samsung’s new Galaxy S6 smartphone might be the one inside the phone that most consumers won’t even notice: the internally developed Samsung microprocessors.
- HK Airlines in Talks to Sell Stake @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 2:29 AM SGT
Hong Kong Airlines is in talks to sell a stake in itself to a strategic investor, delaying the short-haul carrier’s plans to list in the city in coming months.
- Some Alibaba Vendors Find They Have to Fake It to Make … @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 2:10 AM SGT
Some merchants are using fake orders to boost their standing on Alibaba’s websites, a practice that puts the Chinese e-commerce giant at risk of further regulatory scrutiny.
- On Track or at Sea?: Beijing Reopens Old Land Rout … @ The Wall Street Journal - Wed, Mar 4, 2015 1:07 AM SGT
China’s World: A freight train to Madrid is part of China’s massive rail expansion, rooted in fear its shipping routes could be obstructed.
- Goldman Sachs Cuts Singapore Bankers @ The Wall Street Journal - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 10:57 PM SGT
Goldman Sachs cuts is Singapore investment banking team by about a third since the start of the year, leading to the departure of 10 to 12 bankers.
- Sharp to Ask Lenders for New Support @ The Wall Street Journal - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 8:50 PM SGT
Sharp’s president plans to meet with the troubled electronics company’s two main lenders to ask for a new round of financial support, less than three years after its last bailout.
- India's Future Retail Projects 25% Revenue Growth for … @ The Wall Street Journal - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 8:46 PM SGT
Future Retail (India) Ltd., one of India’s largest retailers, expects revenues to grow as much as 25% over the next year as more Indians shop at its stores.
- Indonesia Nears Execution of Foreign Drug Smuggler … @ The Wall Street Journal - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 8:24 PM SGT
Indonesia is nearly ready to execute by firing squad nine foreigners and an Indonesian condemned to death for drug smuggling, as diplomatic squabbles continue.
- Hong Kong Shares Edge Toward Seven-Year High @ The Wall Street Journal - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 7:32 PM SGT
After spending months in the shadow of mainland Chinese stocks, Hong Kong shares are shining again.
- Australian Dollar Strengthened Ahead of RBA Decisi … @ The Wall Street Journal - Tue, Mar 3, 2015 7:13 PM SGT
The Australian dollar strengthened sharply against the U.S. dollar just seconds before Australia’s central bank surprised some investors by holding rates steady.