Information Services International-Dentsu, Ltd. (TOKYO: 4812) (“ISID” Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO: Setsuo Kamai) will host the Financial Innovation Business Conference (FIBC) 2018 on March 2 at the Marunouchi Building Hall & Conference Square (Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo).
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180117006585/en/
FIBC is an event specializing in the FinTech field providing a communication platform linking FinTech startups, leading corporations and other businesses, venture capital firms and media professionals through a pitch contest and networking. This will be the seventh time this event is held. Since 2016, overseas startups have been actively encouraged to take the podium as the conference has been transformed into a global event where all programs are conducted in English. Again this year, this event features support with well-known overseas accelerators and incubation centers; Startupbootcamp, Lattice80, Stone & Chalk, SuperCharger, and various embassies. As a result, more than half of the pitch contest participants are from overseas.
In the main event pitch contest, each company will conduct seven-minute demonstrations of the latest FinTech services released within the past two years or set for release in the near future. Afterward, the presentations will be graded by a panel of judges and voted on by participants, then the winner will be announced.
By hosting this event, ISID contributes to the establishment of Japan’s FinTech business ecosystem by supporting the creation of financial innovation and the spread of these technologies in Japan.
FIBC 2018 Event Overview
- Event Name: FIBC2018 (Financial Innovation Business Conference 2018)
- Date: Friday, March 2, 2018, 9 am to 8 pm
- Venue: Marunouchi Building Hall & Conference Square
- Host: Information Services International-Dentsu, Ltd. (ISID)
- Capacity: 350
- Fee: General 18,000 JPY / Startups 4,000 JPY / Students 2,500 JPY
- Ticket Sales: Please register on the event website (http://fibc2018.peatix.com)
- Keynotes by Janis Meyer-Plath (Co-Founder at Friendsurance)
- FinPitch (Pitch contest)
- Reverse pitch (Pitch by large companies)
- Speech session
- Awards ceremony
- Exhibition: Startup booths
- FinPitch participants * The participants list may be subject to change.
CurrencyPort Limited / Smart Plus Co., Ltd. / BrainCat inc. / justInCase, Inc. / MFS, Inc. / Sasuke Financial Lab Inc. / Tryfunds inc. / Keychain Pte. Ltd. / Snippet / FIGS Inc. Japan GK
HitPay Technologies Pte Ltd.(Singapore) / AIZEN Global Co., Inc.(Korea) / FUCO&SOLUTION Co., Ltd.(Taiwan) / Infosonic, Inc. (Korea) / Katipult Technology Corp.(Canada) / MyFinB Holdings Pte Ltd.(Singapore) / NoPassword(US) / Opportunity Network(UK) / Mobi-Soft Ltd.(Russia) / RealKey Inc. (US) / Revolut Ltd. (UK) / Smartfolios Pte Ltd.(Singapore) / Soundpays Inc.(Canada) / Tradle(US) / wilov(France) / Wishfull Inc.(Korea)
- FinPitch Judges: FINOVATORS
- Masakazu Masujima: Attorney-at-law, Partner at Mori Hamada & Matsumoto
- Makoto Shibata: Principal Analyst of Digital Transformation Division at The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Mio Takaoka: Partner at Arbor Ventures Limited, and VP of Business Development at Medicalnote, Inc.
- Tetsuya Isozaki: General Partner at Femto Partners, Inc. / Certified Public Accountant
- Hisanori Ogawa: Director of Strategy Research Office at Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd.
Note: Company and product names in this release are the trademark or registered trademark of each company respectively.