The "India mLLDPE Market: Plant Capacity, Production, Operating Efficiency, Process, Technology, Demand & Supply, Grade, Application, Distribution Channel, Region, Competition, Trade, Customer & Price Intelligence Market Analysis, 2015-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The demand for Metallocene linear low-density polyethylene (mLLDPE) in India is projected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 7.21% during the forecast period.
mLLDPE's unmatched quality and superior film performance makes it a highly reliable choice for the downstream packaging sectors, thereby contributing to its exceptional growth in the Indian Polyethylene market. Due to its outstanding properties like high flexibility and elasticity, mLLDPE is finding strong applications particularly in producing stretch wrap films, agricultural films and food packaging films.
Metallocene LLDPE resins are well recognized for their excellent dart impact and puncture resistance, lightweight, superior organoleptic properties, brilliant clarity and outstanding hot tack and heat seal benefits. There has been a tremendous rise in the demand for mLLDPE packaging films from the country's strongly growing food, beverages and the medical sectors. Moreover, the increasing demand for shrink wraps and heavy-duty shipping sacks will drive the demand for mLLDPE during the forecast period.
mLLDPE resin is also blended or coextruded with other Polyethylene resins for manufacturing agricultural films. Increasing investments by the government of India towards development of its agriculture sector, are likely to boost the demand for mLLDPE in the years to come.
These days, retailers and consumers are opting for more sustainable films made from fewer resources and at the same time do not want to compromise on performance of the packaging material. mLLDPE can satisfy these seemingly conflicting requirements of the consumers, allowing for significant down-gauging opportunities.
Currently, the Indian mLLDPE industry is relatively dull due to bearish buying sentiments on the back of a wider price gap between C4 LLDPE and C6 mLLDPE in India. However, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision and prevalent echoes on establishing a self-reliant country through Make in India scheme shall enable the mLLDPE market to register a significant spike in its yearly growth sooner than expected.
- Historical Years: 2015-2019
- Base Year: 2020
- Estimated Year: 2021
- Forecast Period: 2022 -2030
Objective of the Study
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast metallocene linear low-density polyethylene capacity, production, demand, inventory, and demand - supply gap in India.
- To categorize metallocene linear low-density polyethylene demand based on application, distribution channel, grade and region.
- To study trade dynamics and company share in Indian metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market.
- To identify major customers of metallocene linear low-density polyethylene in India.
- To evaluate and forecast metallocene linear low-density polyethylene pricing in India.
- To identify and profile major companies operating in Indian metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market.
- To identify major news, deals and expansion plans in Indian metallocene linear low-density polyethylene market.
Currently, GAIL India Ltd. and RIL are the only producer of mLLDPE in India, making country's total installed mLLDPE capacity to 550 KTPA as of financial year 2020. Other international players operating in the Indian mLLDPE market include ExxonMobil Corporation, The Dow Chemical Company, Braskem, China Petrochemical Corporation (CPC), Mitsui & Co., INEOS, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V. and Nova Chemicals Corporation.
Import of mLLDPE increased by almost 8 per cent in FY20. The mLLDPE prices in India were pushed up to around $1,260-1,280/tonne CIF India in Q4FY20 due to trade restrictions throughout Southeast Asia due to COVID-19 related uncertainties.
mLLDPE prices are likely to get higher in the next two quarters, triggered by tight supply situation and the increasing demand in the downstream sectors as the Indian economy head towards recovery after strong blows of the pandemic. Moreover, the recent plunge in crude oil and naphtha values due to coronavirus outbreak has resulted in a significant slump in mLLDPE feedstock costs and hence, players are likely to enjoy better margins and anticipating their annual profits to increase beyond their expectations.
Key Topics Covered
1. Manufacturing Process & Technology Licensing Evaluation
2. India mLLDPE Demand-Supply Gap Outlook, By Volume
2.1. Capacity, By Company
2.2. Capacity, By Location
2.3. Capacity, By Technology
2.4. Capacity, By Process
2.5. Production, By Company
2.6. Operating Efficiency, By Company
2.7. Country-Wise Import
2.8. Country-Wise Export
2.9. Demand-Supply Gap
3. India LLDPE Demand Outlook
3.1. By Grade
3.2. By Application
3.3. By Distribution Channel
3.4. By Region / State
3.5. By Company
4. Customer Analysis
4.1. Procurement Volume
4.2. Procurement Prices
4.3. Existing Supplier
4.4. Contact Details
5. Cost Structure
5.1. Raw Material Cost
5.2. Selling & Distribution Cost
5.3. Fixed Cost
5.4. Other Cost
6. Market Trends & Developments (Focus on emerging application and manufacturing technologies
7. Grade-Wise & Company-Wise Pricing Analysis (Monthly)
7.1. Historical Prices (Domestic, CFR)
8. Competitive Landscape (Top 10 Companies in terms of revenue share)
8.1. Company Profiles
8.1.1. Key Financial Matrices
8.1.2. Margin Analysis
8.1.3. SWOT Analysis
8.1.4. Key Market Focus and Geographical Presence
8.1.5. Planned Investments
8.1.7. Technology Licensing
8.1.8. Expansion Plan
9. Project Viability Analysis
10. Strategic Recommendations
- GAIL India Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
- China Petrochemical Corporation (CPC)
- Mitsui & Co.
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Nova Chemicals Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6i841d
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900