Ahead of its opening on June 28, Funan has achieved 95% committed occupancy for its retail component, bringing its total number of brands to more than 190. More than 60% of its brands originate from Singapore.
Newly signed tenants include Taobao’s new concept shop in Singapore which provides shoppers with an integrated online and offline shopping experience. Operated by Virmall, the store will offer a range of products available from Taobao across categories such as furniture, household items and fashion.
Nikon will launch its first standalone outlet and flagship Experience Hub at Funan. This encompasses the Nikon School, a workshop space for photography tutorials by professionals.
Funan is set to open on June 28, with more than 190 brands on offer (Credit: Capitaland)
Premium Swiss sewing machine brand Bernina will also open its flagship store at the mall. The flagship offers a four-in-one lifestyle concept and will carry Bernina’s most advanced sewing machine models and provide themed sewing workshops, machine rental service as well as gift personalisation service.
Around 25% of Funan’s retail space is allocated to more than 80 F&B establishments. The mall will have a cluster of ramen restaurants comprising Afuri Ramen, Kara-men Ajisen and Tsuta.
Working with Singapore Tourism Board, Funan will host the Civic District’s first Singapore Visitor Centre at Basement 2. Here, tourists can get more information about Singapore or purchase tickets to attractions and tours.
“We envision Funan flourishing into a social retail space embraced by communities, where they can find meaningful merchandising and enriching exchanges as well as social connections beyond the transactional,” says Chris Chong, managing director of retail, CapitaLand Singapore.
As part of Funan’s opening programming, shoppers can sign up for guided tours and get recommendations from roving concierges on activities they can take part in.
- Singapore Property for Sale & Rent, Latest Property News, Advanced Analytics Tools
- CapitaLand completes $11 billion acquisition of Ascendas-Singbridge
- Singapore investors snap up US$5 billion of China's commercial properties, brushing aside trade war concerns
- CRCT to acquire three CapitaLand malls in China for $505 mil
- Funan opens to public on June 28
- En Bloc Calculator, Find Out If Your Condo Will Be The Next en-bloc
- HDB Resale Flats Up For Sale, Affordable Units Available