The Euro exploded to the upside it over the last 48 hours, as the market has reached towards the 1.1150 level. This is an area where we have seen selling previously, but a lot of this is due to the European Union offering bonds that are backed by the entirety of the EU instead of the single countries. This should be stronger, and therefore people like the idea of the future of the Euro much more than they did just a few weeks ago.
EUR/USD Video 01.06.20
It is a remarkable move, but when you look at the last couple of months, we have seen massive moves in one direction or another. In other words, even though it is obviously bullish over the last several days, it is still difficult to get long of the Euro at this point, because we have seen this movie before, and have seen it recently. With that in mind I am a bit skeptical, and quite frankly will trade the Euro against other currencies.
I will use this currency pair as a bit of an indicator as to what I am doing with the Euro gets other currency such as the Canadian dollar, the Japanese yen, British pound, and so on. Obviously, the Euro is very strong in the short term, so buying the Euro gets is other currencies makes quite a bit more sense due to the fact that there is a lot of concern about negative headlines, so with that in the back of her mind, it is a bit difficult to be short the US dollar when you can short other currency such as the Canadian dollar that would take more of a hit in those scenarios.
For a look at all of today’s economic events, check out our economic calendar.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Crude Oil Weekly Price Forecast – Crude Oil Continue to Reach Towards Gap
- Oil Mixed As Traders Hope For Extension Of Current Production Cuts
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – Stock Markets Continue to See Resistance in Current Area
- Natural Gas Price Forecast – Natural Gas Markets Soften Into the Weekend
- Gold Weekly Price Forecast – Gold Markets Form Support of Looking Candle
- Metals Nearing Critical Momentum for New Parabolic Rally