The "Celiac Disease (CD) - Epidemiology Forecast - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Celiac Disease (CD) - also known by coeliac disease, celiac sprue, non-tropical sprue, and gluten-sensitive enteropathy - is a chronic, immune-mediated enteropathy in which dietary gluten triggers an inflammatory reaction in the small intestine of genetically predisposed individuals. Gluten is a water-insoluble protein mass that remains when the wheat dough is washed to remove starch, albumins and other water-soluble proteins. Gluten and gluten-related proteins are present in wheat, rye and barley and are used widely in food processing to give the dough the desired baking properties, add flavors and improve texture. In celiac subjects, the ingestion of gluten leads to an enteropathy with an impairment of the mucosal surface and, consequently, abnormal absorption of nutrients. CD might be considered a syndrome, because of the wide spectrum of clinical manifestations and the involvement of various human systems.
CD shows atypical features in comparison to other autoimmune disorders, including the complete recovery of the mucosal damage as well as the reversibility of its progression and chronic dynamics, with total avoidance of gluten. Alternatively, it is now established that undiagnosed CD, might have severe consequences in children as well as in adult subjects.
According to the World Gastroenterology Organization, CD may be divided into two types: classical and non-classical. However, silent type CD also exits, which is also known as an asymptomatic CD. In case of silent type, patients do not complain of any symptoms, but still, experience villous atrophy damage to their small intestine. Studies have shown that even though patients thought they had no symptoms, after going on a strict gluten-free diet, they report better health and a reduction in acid reflux, abdominal bloating and distention and flatulence.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Celiac Disease (CD), explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology.
- The report provides insight into the 7MM historical and forecasted patient pool covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
- The report assesses the disease risk and burden and highlights the unmet needs of Celiac Disease (CD).
- The report provides the segmentation of the disease epidemiology for the 7MM by Total Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease (CD), Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease (CD), Gender-specific Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease (CD), Type-specific Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease (CD) and Age-specific Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease (CD).
- Eleven Year Forecast of Celiac Disease (CD)
- 7MM Coverage
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease (CD)
- Through several secondary sources it is quite evident that the prevalence of Celiac Disease (CD) is higher among females than in males.
- The publisher has analyzed type-based data for Celiac Disease (CD). Celiac Disease (CD) can be of three types based on this data, namely, Classical, Non-classical and Sub-clinical Celiac Disease.
- The report also encompasses another major segment, i.e., Age-specific Prevalent Population of Celiac Disease (CD), wherein various age groups have been considered, such as 0-18, 19-39, 49-59, 60-79 and >80. It has been found that the prevalence of Celiac Disease (CD) is maximum in the 19-39 age group.
- Expected Launch of potential therapies, Larazotide Acetate (9 Meters Biopharma), Latiglutenase (ImmunogenX), PRV-015 (Provention Bio) and CNP-101/TAK-101 (Cour Pharmaceuticals/Takeda), may increase the market size in the coming years, assisted by an increase in diagnosed prevalent population of Celiac Disease (CD).
Key Questions Answered
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of Celiac Disease (CD)?
- What is the historical Celiac Disease (CD) patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK) and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Celiac Disease (CD) at the 7MM level?
- What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Celiac Disease (CD)?
- Out of the above-mentioned countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Celiac Disease (CD) during the forecast period (2020-2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020-2030)?
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 7MM Celiac Disease (CD) market.
- Quantify patient share distribution in the 7MM for Celiac Disease (CD).
- The Celiac Disease (CD) epidemiology report and model were written and developed by Masters and Ph.D. level epidemiologists.
- The Celiac Disease (CD) epidemiology model developed by the publisher is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based on transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over the eleven-year forecast period using reputable sources.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5x6qia
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900