Hello, everyone. Here are three things about the local stock market and investing in general that you might be interested in today.
1. For the day, the Straits Times Index (SGX: ^STI) rose 15.7 points, or 0.5%, to 3,483.2.
Hutchison Port Hldg Trust (SGX: NS8U) emerged as the biggest winner of the index after putting on 1.8% to US$0.285.
On the other hand, Golden Agri-Resources Ltd (SGX: E5H) lost the most ground. The palm oil producer’s shares tumbled 1.6% to S$0.315.
2. Shares in Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SGX: Z74) went up 0.3% today to close at S$3.28. However, in recent history, its shares have not done well. My Foolish colleague, Lawrence Nga, investigates the reason why in his article here.
3. Before the stock market opened today, Asian Healthcare Specialists Ltd (SGX: 1J3) made public its financial results for the six months ended 31 March 2018. Revenue for the period inched up 0.5% year-on-year to S$5.6 million while net profit ballooned more than nine times to S$1.4 million. The healthcare outfit is paying out its maiden dividend of 0.2 Singapore cents per share.
To know more about the latest earnings, you can check out the coverage here. Asian Healthcare Specialists shares ended the day at S$0.28, up 1.8%.
- Singapore’s Top 5 Dividend-Paying Blue-Chip Stocks
- How Good Is Singapore Airlines?
- How To “Hyflux-Proof” Your Portfolio?
- Hyphens Pharma International Limited’s Initial Public Offering: 10 Things You Need to Know
- 2 REITS I Purchased Last Month
- Is the Singapore Stock Market Cheap or Expensive Right Now?
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. Motley Fool Singapore contributor Sudhan P doesn't own shares in any companies mentioned.