Hello, everyone. Here are three things about the local stock market that you might be interested in today.
1. The Straits Times Index (SGX: ^STI) ended the day at 3,517.7 points, down 0.6% or 21.7 points. Out of the 30 index components, 21 were in the red; five were in the green while the rest ended Thursday unchanged.
Of the 30 companies, Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings Ltd (SGX: BS6) lost the most ground; its shares tumbled 3% to S$1.30.
Thai Beverage Public Company Limited (SGX: Y92), on the other hand, rose the most today. The Chang beer purveyor’s shares added 1.2% to S$0.82.
2. Elsewhere, rubber gloves manufacturer, Top Glove Corporation Berhad (SGX: BVA), ended the day flat at S$3.25.
This afternoon, the company announced its financial results for the second quarter ended 28 February 2018. Revenue grew 12.6% year-on-year to RM958.4 million while net profit surged 31.3% to RM109.0 million. To learn more about the earnings, you can check out the coverage here.
3. A wholly-owned unit of Koh Brothers Eco Engineering Ltd (SGX: 5HV) has inked a joint venture (JV) contract together with two other companies – Ssangyong Engineering & Construction Co Ltd and Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co Ltd – to build the first smart hospital campus, Woodlands Health Campus. The Koh Brothers unit has a 20% stake in the JV.
Spanning around eight hectares, the 1,800-bed facility will house an acute hospital, a community hospital, specialist outpatient clinics and a nursing home. The first hospital in Woodlands will open gradually from 2022.
The group’s order book, which was S$762.7 million at the end of last year, was boosted to S$954.7 million after bagging the new contract.
Koh Brothers Eco Engineering shares climbed 4.8% to S$0.087 today.
- Singapore’s Top 5 Dividend-Paying Blue-Chip Stocks
- What Investors Should Know About Mapletree Industrial Trust’s Latest Earnings and Valuation
- The Good And Bad That Investors Should Know About Singapore Technologies Engineering’s Latest Quarterly Earnings
- Why Has Sembcorp Industries Limited’s Stock Price Fallen By 14% In Just Over A Month?
- 3 Straits Times Index Components That Bought Back Their Shares Last Week
- First Resources Ltd’s Stock Is Near A 52-Week Low Now: Is It A Bargain?
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. The Motley Fool Singapore has recommended shares of Top Glove Corporation Berhad. Motley Fool Singapore contributor Sudhan P doesn't own shares in any companies mentioned.