There are many shares in Singapore’s stock market that pay a dividend. Some pay a dividend on a quarterly basis, some do it semi-annually, while there are others who pay a dividend only once every year.
A recent report from the local bourse operator Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX: S68) shed some light on the 10 biggest stocks here that pay quarterly dividends. Here are some highlights from the report.
- Eight out of the top ten stocks on the list above are real estate investment trusts (REITs). Some of the names are CapitaLand Mall Trust (SGX: C38U), Suntec Real Estate Investment Trust (SGX: T82U), SPH REIT (SGX: SK6U), and Keppel REIT (SGX: K17U).
- Four out of the eight REITs are related to Mapletree. These are Mapletree Commercial Trust (SGX: N2IU), Mapletree Industrial Trust (SGX: ME8U), Mapletree North Asia Commercial Trust (SGX: RW0U), and Mapletree Logistics Trust (SGX: M44U).
- The remaining two companies are blue-chips DBS Group Holdings Ltd (SGX: D05) and Singapore Exchange. The former is trading at a trailing dividend yield of 5.4% while the latter is trading at a trailing yield of 5.1% (as of writing).
- On average, the 10 stocks have average indicative dividend yields of 5%. This is higher than the SPDR STI ETF‘s (SGX: ES3) dividend yield of 3% to 4%. The SPDR STI ETF is an exchange-traded fund that mimics the fundamentals of the Straits Times Index (SGX: ^STI).
- The 10 shares have beat the FTSE ST All-Share Index benchmark every year since 2015, with average annualised returns of 11% during the time frame.
The Foolish conclusion
Shares that pay quarterly dividends might be attractive to some investors, for example, the retirees. Yet, investors should also focus on other aspects of these companies, such as the sustainability of dividends, before investing in them.
- Singapore’s Top 5 Dividend-Paying Blue-Chip Stocks
- 2 Singapore REITS That Have Delivered Mixed Performances Recently
- 2 Singapore REITS That Have Delivered Growth Recently
- 3 Companies With Sustainable Dividend Yields Above 5%
- ARA US Hospitality Trust IPO: 7 Things Investors Should Know
- 3 Ultra-High-Yield REITs Right Now
The information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be personalised investment or financial advice. Motley Fool Singapore contributor Lawrence Nga doesn’t own shares in any companies mentioned. Motley Fool Singapore recommended the shares of Mapletree Logistics Trust, CapitaLand Mall Trust, Mapletree Industrial Trust, Mapletree Commercial Trust, DBS Group Holdings Ltd and Singapore Exchange Limited.
Motley Fool Singapore 2019