A few strategies can reduce (or eliminate) the taxes you'll owe on your benefits.
- Social Security rolls back security measures on website Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Social Security Administration has rolled back extra security measures on the agency's website after getting complaints from people who had trouble accessing their accounts.
- Older Students: Cut the Cost of Earning a Degree U.S.News & World Report
Here are six strategies you can consider if the idea of going back to school for a new degree or certification is potentially in your future. Start a 529 college savings plan for yourself immediately. The best financial move you can make in terms of managing the financial impact of going back to school is to have money …
- 5 Tools Job Seekers Must Master U.S.News & World Report
Sitting around a summertime campfire, a friend was finally able to joke about how he was using a shovel to break up the ice that had built up on his car windshield in a winter snowstorm, only to have it ...
- 3 Ways to Help Teammates Improve Their Professional Gam … U.S.News & World Report
We can all relate to being on a team where someone doesn't pull his or her own weight . Maybe the person is having a hard time at home; he or she is less organized than others on the team; he or she is ...
- AP Top Extended Financial Headlines at 11:45 p.m. EDT Associated Press
WHY IT MATTERS: Tensions have been rising between China and the U.S., two countries the world needs to get along
- Tyra Banks to teach business class at Stanford Universi … Associated Press
- Judge in Texas temporarily blocks Obama's transgender … Associated Press
- Jazz harmonica great Toots Thielemans dies at 94 in Bel … Associated Press
- Q&A: Judge blocks Obama directive over transgender stud … Associated Press
- Get Started: Smallest businesses are the hottest seller … Associated Press
WANTED: SMALLER BUSINESSES The smallest U.S. businesses, those with price tags under $500,000, sold at a faster clip than larger ones during the second quarter, according to a survey released by two trade ...
Empathy, or the ability to read another person’s emotions, is a critical life skill. Many fear children are losing it—and that they’ll be less happy as adults as a result. A University of Michigan study of nearly 14,000 college students found that students today have about 40% less empathy than college kids had in the…
- Liz Weston: Secrets of next-door millionaires Associated Press
- Seldom-Used Features of 401(k) Plans U.S.News & World Report
Many 401(k) plan participants utilize the most popular features that these accounts offer, including getting a 401(k) match and a tax break for the contribution. Here are some little-used features of 401(k) plans. A Roth 401(k) permits after-tax contributions that may be withdrawn tax-free in retirement.
- Do You Have Good Job-Search Manners? U.S.News & World Report
You probably know to dress appropriately for the interview and to turn your cellphone off beforehand (or we hope you do!) but there are some finer points of etiquette that can make a real difference in the impression you make during your job search. Here are 10 ways to be sure you're minding your manners while applying …
- 6 Things Retirees Can't Afford U.S.News & World Report
The big day comes, and you're off on a new adventure called retirement. Hopefully you've got your finances in order, and maybe some dreams of traveling the world or resettling in the sunbelt. We are lucky ...