Stocks are up nicely in the United States, and some of the most heavily shorted stocks are leading the way. This was pointed out to us by Dave Lutz of Stifel, Nicolaus:
- Intel (INTC) is up 2.7 percent.
- Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) is up 2.7 percent.
- Cerner Corp (CERN) is up 2.5 percent.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD) is up 2.0 percent.
- O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY) is up 1.4 percent.
- Walt Disney (DIS), AT&T (T), and Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) are all up 1.1 percent.
From a sectoral perspective, tech stocks are leading the way, up 1.9 percent, while utilities are the biggest laggards, up only 0.2 percent.
More From Business Insider