- Researchers Revived These Ancient Viruses After They … Business Insider - 6 hours ago
It's not so often that new viruses are...
- This Is Why It Feels Like Apple Stopped Innovating … Business Insider - 11 hours ago
Steve Jobs used to tell a story about how he...
- How To Find Out If Someone Unfriended You On Faceb … Business Insider - 11 hours ago
A new browser extension makes it easy to find...
- [$$] 13D Filings @ Barrons.com - 17 hours ago
Source: InsiderScore.com On Feb. 28, North Tide Capital sent a letter to Healthways saying, "In light of the board's inaction and failures, we were compelled to take this necessary step of nominating a slate of new, highly qualified, independent directors with relevant credentials for Healthways, as well as direct shareholder …
- Foot Locker's Q4 beats views Investor's Business Daily - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:52 AM SGT
The athletic shoes and clothing retailer's EPS jumped 12% to 82 cents, beating views by 6 cents. Sales rose 4.6% to $1.79 bil, above estimates for $1.76 bil. Comparable-store sales increased 5.3%. For ...
- Samsung debuts free radio app Investor's Business Daily - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:52 AM SGT
The S. Korean consumer electronics giant is rolling out a free streaming radio service that will include more than 200 stations and 13 mil songs. Samsung said the Milk Music app is customizable and designed ...
- Big Lots tops but guides low Investor's Business Daily - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:50 AM SGT
The closeout-products retailer's Q4 EPS fell 31% to $1.45, beating views by 5 cents. The quarter was a week shorter than a year ago and Big Lots (BIG) estimated the impact was roughly 5 cents a share. ...
- Facebook Investor's Business Daily - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:50 AM SGT
Facebook (FB) and Google's (GOOG) YouTube sites will not be shut down in Turkey, said Pres. Abdullah Gul on Fri. PM Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan late Thu. suggested closing them in the wake of audio recordings ...
- Most active Nasdaq-traded stocks AP - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:02 AM SGT
A look at Nasdaq 10 most-active stocks at the close of trading: Cisco Systems Inc. fell .4 percent to $21.73 with 31,896,100 shares traded. Facebook Inc. fell 1.5 percent to $69.80 with 38,117,200 shares ...
- Final Glance: Telecom companies AP - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:02 AM SGT
Shares of some top telecom companies were mixed at the close of trading: AT&T Inc. rose $.20 or .6 percent, to $32.54. Verizon Communications Inc. fell $.31 or .7 percent, to $47.15.
- Final Glance: Computer companies AP - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:02 AM SGT
Shares of some top computer companies were mixed at the close of trading: Apple Inc. fell $.31 or .1 percent, to $530.44. Hewlett Packard Co. rose $.25 or .8 percent, to $30.34. International Business ...
- Snowden, Assange top bill at Texas tech gathering AP - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 5:47 AM SGT
- T-Mobile, BlackBerry Users Choose Rival Brands Zacks - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 5:40 AM SGT
BlackBerry Limited plans to boost its device sales on T-Mobile US, Inc.'s network at a cheaper rate.
- Logitech Up on Higher Guidance Zacks - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 4:37 AM SGT
Logitech International recently provided an encouraging outlook for fiscal 2014 and 2015 on its Analyst and Investor Day on Mar 6, 2014.
- Yahoo Acquires Yet Another Startup Zacks - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 4:34 AM SGT
Yahoo! Inc. continues to maintain its startup acquisition spree.
- Company confirms feds investigate visa use AP - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 4:27 AM SGT
An international tech consulting firm confirmed Friday the federal government is investigating its use of U.S. visas to bring in foreign workers. Mu Sigma spokeswoman Michelle Faulkner told The Associated ...
- Midday Glance: Telecom companies AP - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 2:23 AM SGT
Shares of some top telecom companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: AT&T Inc. rose $.07 or .2 percent, to $32.41. Verizon Communications Inc. fell $.51 or 1.1 percent, to $46.95.
- Midday Glance: Computer companies AP - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 2:23 AM SGT
Shares of some top computer companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Apple Inc. fell $4.65 or .9 percent, to $526.10. Hewlett Packard Co. rose $.20 or .7 percent, to $30.29. International Business Machines Corp. ...
- Pixelworks Soars on Apple Relationship Zacks - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 2:00 AM SGT
Shares of Pixelworks soared 87.5% to $9.00 on Mar 6, 2014, after it announced that Apple Inc. accounted for more than 10.0% of its revenues in 2013
- Apple, Android Stay on Top of Smartphone Market @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 1:57 AM SGT
Apple led as the top smartphone maker by market share in the U.S. for the three months ended January, while Android remained the most-used smartphone platform.
- Early Glance: Telecom companies AP - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:35 PM SGT
Shares of some top telecom companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: AT&T Inc. rose $.10 or .3 percent, to $32.44. Verizon Communications Inc. fell $.16 or .3 percent, to $47.30.
- Early Glance: Computer companies AP - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:35 PM SGT
Shares of some top computer companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Apple Inc. fell $3.01 or .6 percent, to $527.74. Hewlett Packard Co. rose $.05 or .2 percent, to $30.14. International Business Machines Corp. ...
- You've Never Heard Of Quantum Encryption, But It's … Business Insider - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:44 PM SGT
We use encryption all the time, whether we...
- Microsoft brings out giant robots in titanic battle … @ Financial Times - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:30 PM SGT
Microsoft is not just pulling out the big guns as it battles with Sony for dominance of the games console market. It is bringing out giant robots, too. Next week's launch of Titanfall, a sci-fi shooter ...
- How Far Ahead Does This Market Look? Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 9:43 PM SGT
Well. Well. FEB Jobs Looked Good. Did You See It Coming?
- Listen to Icahn, Apple's a No-Brainer Buy TheStreet.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:00 PM SGT
On the basis of long-term free-cash-flow growth, Apple shares will reach (at minimum) $650 a share by the end of the year.
- Baidu (BIDU) Looks Good: Stock Adds 5.8% in Sessio … Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:06 PM SGT
Baidu, Inc. was a big mover last session, as the company saw its shares rise nearly 6% on the day.
- Workers Strike at China IBM Plant @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 3:33 PM SGT
Workers went on strike at an IBM plant in China as the company prepares to transfer the computer-server factory to Lenovo.
- Telecom Italia Scraps Dividend to Conserve Cash as … @ Bloomberg - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 2:27 PM SGT
Telecom Italia SpA (TIT) , trying to conserve cash as competition in Italy’s phone market hurts earnings, scrapped its dividend for common shares for the first time in its history as a public company. Telecom Italia plans to pay a 2.75 cent dividend per each saving share. Telecom Italia, privatized by the government in …
- Why Apple will struggle to wow investors this year CNBC - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 12:58 PM SGT
- Target breach puts corporate tech execs under fire AP - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 8:11 AM SGT
- Repligen EPS plunges, misses Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:39 AM SGT
The biotech said Q4 EPS fell nearly 67% to 10 cents, missing views by 4 cents. Revenue dipped 18.2% to $15.4 mil. Product gross margin widened to 55.3% from 39% in the year ago quarter. R&D expense fell ...
- Perficient down on sales miss Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:39 AM SGT
The IT consulting firm reported a 30% rise in earnings, beating views by a penny. Revenue rose 17% to $97.47 mil, under views for $99.16 mil. Services revenue increased 20% to $86.0 mil. Perficient (PRFT) ...
- Ciena reverses on Q2 outlook Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:39 AM SGT
Network switching gear maker Ciena (CIEN) said fiscal Q1 EPS rose to 13 cents from 12 cents a year ago, crushing views for 6 cents. Revenue grew 18% to $534 mil, in line with estimates as it expanded into ...
- Boeing to end some pensions Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:39 AM SGT
The aerospace giant will end pensions for 68,000 nonunion employees, including its CEO. The cost-cutting move takes effect Jan. 1, '16. Boeing (BA) expects to take a $110 mil charge in Q1 related to the ...
- Dot Hill Systems Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:39 AM SGT
Dot Hill Systems (HILL), a storage systems maker, reported a 7-cent Q4 profit, reversing a 3-cent loss the same quarter last year and beating estimates by a penny. Revenue rose 29% to $59.7 mil as the ...
- Qihoo 360 Profit Soars In Q4, Beats Analysts' Targ … Investor's Business Daily - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:32 AM SGT
Chinese Internet company Qihoo 360 Technology trampled Wall Street's Q4 forecast, posting a big profit gain even as it spends heavily in its battle against Baidu. It also guided for higher-than-expected ...
- Twitter Paid $36 Million for 900 IBM Patents to Build … @ Bloomberg - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:27 AM SGT
Twitter Inc. (TWTR) , the microblogging service that held an initial public offering last year, paid $36 million to acquire 900 patents from International Business Machines Corp. (IBM), according to a filing. The agreement, which was was signed in December and announced in January without financial details, resolved a …
- e-Commerce Stock Update - March 2014 (pt. 2) Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:30 AM SGT
Retailers and service providers generate just 4.7% and 3.0%, respectively of their revenues online, a slightly higher percentage than they did in the prior year.
- Zacks #1 Ranked Technology Mutual Funds Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:05 AM SGT
Technology is clearly a long term growth prospect for investors willing to remain invested and should continue to outperform the market over time.
- Disney overhauls troubled interactive unit, lays off … Reuters - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:20 AM SGT
By Ronald Grover and Malathi Nayak LOS ANGELES/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Walt Disney overhauled its struggling interactive division in a sweeping reorganization that will reduce the number of video games it develops and alter its advertising strategy to focus more on the fast-changing mobile market. As part of the revamp, …
- The dawning of the age of genomic medicine, finall … Reuters - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:04 AM SGT
By Julie Steenhuysen LA JOLLA, California (Reuters) - When President Bill Clinton announced in 2000 that Craig Venter and Dr. Francis Collins of the National Human Genome Research Institute had succeeded in mapping the human genome, he solemnly declared that the discovery would "revolutionize" the treatment of virtually …
- Facebook to Delete Illegal Firearms Ads Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:50 AM SGT
Facebook recently agreed to delete all posts from users seeking to buy or sell weapons unlawfully or without proper background check.
- Judge rules for Samsung in dispute with Apple AP - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:21 AM SGT
A federal judge in California on Thursday denied Apple's request to permanently ban Samsung from selling 23 older-model smartphones and tablets that a jury found infringed on patents held by the maker ...
- [$$] Pixelworks Picks Up Apple as a Customer @ Barrons.com - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 2:22 AM SGT
Pixelworks (PXLW: Nasdaq) By Roth Capital Partners ($4.80, March 6, 2014) A 10-K filing by Pixelworks revealed an Apple relationship. We maintain our fiscal 2014 revenue/pro forma earnings-per-share estimates ...
- Qualcomm and Sprint Test Small Cell Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 1:10 AM SGT
Qualcomm and Sprint recently completed the second phase of an over-the-air trial of LTE TDD hyper-dense small cell network.
- Equinix' New Performance Hub Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 12:30 AM SGT
Equinix Inc. recently announced a new solution called Equinix Performance Hub that bridges the gap between network, data center and cloud infrastructure.
- Hewlett-Packard Wins $548M DoD Contract Zacks - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 12:20 AM SGT
The Enterprise Service division of Hewlett-Packard announced that it has been awarded a task order by the Defense Manpower Data Center of the U.S. Department of Defense.
- [video] Apple Doesn't Back Down: Google's Schmidt @ Bloomberg - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 9:43 PM SGT
March 6 (Bloomberg) -- Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt discusses his company's culture in relation to tech giant Apple at "The Montgomery Summit in Santa Monica, California. He speaks with ...
- Qunar Cayman Islands (QUNR) Soars: Stock Adds 13% in … Zacks - Thu, Mar 6, 2014 2:14 PM SGT
Qunar Cayman Islands Ltd. (QUNR) was a big mover last session, as the company saw its shares rise 13% on the day.