- Northrop up on huge buyback Investor's Business Daily - Sat, May 18, 2013 6:54 AM SGT
All Business Briefs
- Final Glance: Machinery companies AP - Sat, May 18, 2013 6:03 AM SGT
Shares of some top machinery companies were mixed at the close of trading: Caterpillar rose $.89 or 1.0 percent, to $87.67. Deere & Co. fell $2.42 or 2.7 percent, to $86.97. Manitowoc rose $.70 or 3.7 ...
- Final Glance: Aerospace companies AP - Sat, May 18, 2013 6:03 AM SGT
Shares of some top aerospace companies were up at the close of trading: Boeing rose $2.34 or 2.4 percent, to $98.92. Lockheed Martin Corp. rose $2.41 or 2.3 percent, to $106.41. Northrop Grumman Corp. ...
- China deal ends distraction, but not questions, for … Reuters - Sat, May 18, 2013 5:26 AM SGT
By James B. Kelleher CHICAGO (Reuters) - Caterpillar Inc's (CAT.N) deal to cut the purchase price of a Chinese mining-equipment maker it bought last year ends an embarrassing episode that overshadowed ...
- Couple of Contracts for FLIR Zacks - Sat, May 18, 2013 3:30 AM SGT
FLIR received two orders for the Electro-Optical Sensor System which are expected to be carried out at FLIR's Billerica, Mass. facility.
- Headwaters' Technology Alliance Zacks - Sat, May 18, 2013 2:10 AM SGT
Headwaters has entered into a technology alliance with Axens for heavy oil upgradation.
- Midday Glance: Machinery companies AP - Sat, May 18, 2013 1:33 AM SGT
Shares of some top machinery companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Caterpillar rose $.85 or 1.0 percent, to $87.63. Deere & Co. fell $2.16 or 2.4 percent, to $87.23. Manitowoc rose $.72 or 3.8 percent, to $19.77. ...
- Midday Glance: Aerospace companies AP - Sat, May 18, 2013 1:32 AM SGT
Shares of some top aerospace companies are up at 1 p.m.: Boeing rose $2.21 or 2.3 percent, to $98.79. Lockheed Martin Corp. rose $1.59 or 1.5 percent, to $105.59. Northrop Grumman Corp. rose $2.74 or 3.5 ...
- Honeywell's UOP Wins Contract Zacks - Sat, May 18, 2013 12:50 AM SGT
UOP LLC, a subsidiary of Honeywell International Inc. , recently won a contract from Ascend Performance Materials Operations LLC to provide C3 Oleflex process technology for one of its propylene production ...
- Northrop Grumman shares rise on buyback plans AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:13 PM SGT
Shares in companies that do defense contracting work rose across the board Friday on the heels of a huge stock buyback program announced by Northrop Grumman, sending it and others to all-time highs. Northrop ...
- Early Glance: Machinery companies AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:26 PM SGT
Shares of some top machinery companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Caterpillar rose $.63 or .7 percent, to $87.41. Deere & Co. fell $1.34 or 1.5 percent, to $88.05. Manitowoc rose $.77 or 4.0 percent, to $19.82. ...
- Tribunal orders fined cement firms to pay $109 million … Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:25 PM SGT
- Early Glance: Aerospace companies AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:25 PM SGT
Shares of some top aerospace companies are up at 10 a.m.: Boeing rose $2.03 or 2.1 percent, to $98.61. Lockheed Martin Corp. rose $1.60 or 1.5 percent, to $105.60. Northrop Grumman Corp. rose $2.89 or ...
- Caterpillar purchase in China gets huge price cut AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:14 PM SGT
Caterpillar will pay $135 million less for a Chinese mining equipment company after uncovering dodgy accounting practices that inflated its value. Caterpillar announced a non-cash $580 million charge earlier ...
- Good to Buy Kratos Defense & Security Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 9:20 PM SGT
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc. is upgraded to Strong Buy.
- Northrop Boosts Share Repurchase Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 9:00 PM SGT
The board of directors of Northrop Grumman Corporation gives approval to repurchase of the company's common stock worth $4 billion.
- Donaldson 3Q profit, revenue miss Street's view AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:57 PM SGT
Donaldson, which makes filtration systems, posted a 2 percent decline in third-quarter net income as original equipment manufacturers trimmed production . The Minneapolis company said that it doesn't expect ...
- Homebuilders' Downgrades Continue TheStreet.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:53 PM SGT
Stocks are more overvalued and more overbought than a week ago, but still without confirming a market top.
- Cement shares up ahead of ruling on price fixing Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:26 PM SGT
- Northrop Grumman adds $4B to stock repurchase AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:44 AM SGT
Defense contractor Northrop Grumman Corp. said Thursday that its board approved the repurchase of another $4 billion in stock, and it plans to buy back a quarter of its outstanding shares by the end of ...
- D.R. Horton Upped to Outperform Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:25 AM SGT
On May 15, we upgraded our recommendation on DHI from Neutral to Outperform following solid results in the second quarter of fiscal 2013
- Caterpillar to Underperform Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:45 AM SGT
We maintained our underperform recommendation on Caterpillar Inc.
- Northrop Raises Dividend Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:10 AM SGT
Northrop Grumman Corporation has increased its quarterly dividend by 11% bringing the annualized payout to $2.44 per share from $2.20 per share earlier.
- TransDigm Hits All-Time High Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 12:20 AM SGT
TransDigm hit an all-time high of $155.97 on May 15, 2013.
- L-3 Comm. Reaches 52-Week High Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 11:00 PM SGT
L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. hits its 52-week high on May 15, 2013.
- The Deal: TransDigm Expands With $286 Million Arkwin … TheStreet.com - Thu, May 16, 2013 10:06 PM SGT
TransDigm Group will acquire aerospace hydraulic and fuel systems components maker Arkwin Industries for $286 million.
- Bullish on Erickson Air-Crane Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 9:20 PM SGT
Erickson Air-Crane Inc. is upgraded to Strong Buy.
- Lockheed in missile partnership Investor's Business Daily - Thu, May 16, 2013 6:58 AM SGT
All Business Briefs
- Timber! Watch out for Falling Lumber Prices ETFguide - Thu, May 16, 2013 6:14 AM SGT
U.S. homebuilders have been on a tear, up over 400% since their lows in 2009. However, cracks are beginning to surface as lumber prices fall 20% in under two months. Is lumber warning of a slowdown in ...
- Neutral on Lockheed Martin Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 4:20 AM SGT
We maintained our long-term Neutral recommendation on aerospace and defense major Lockheed Martin Corporation on May 10, 2013.
- Ball Corp Wins KARI Contract Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:50 AM SGT
Ball Corp.'s unit has won a contract to build air quality sensor for KARI.
- Strong Sell Rank for Barnes Group Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:10 AM SGT
Zacks Investment Research downgraded Barnes Group Inc.to a Zacks Rank #5 on May 11, 2013.
- Deere Reports Record 2Q Earnings Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 11:35 PM SGT
Deere reported record second quarter fiscal 2013 earnings of $2.76 per share
- Masco Attains 52-Week High Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 10:40 PM SGT
Shares of Masco reached a 52-week high of $22.23 on May 14, 2013 gaining momentum from the improving sales trends in North America
- Pulte reaches 52-Week High Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 10:30 PM SGT
Shares of Pulte reached a 52-week high of $24.26 on May 14 gaining momentum from solid first-quarter 2013 results announced on Apr 25.
- General Dynamics Hits 52-Week High Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 9:20 PM SGT
On May 14, 2013, shares of General Dynamics Corporation hit a 52-week high of $77.00.
- Futures dip as France slips into recession AP - Wed, May 15, 2013 8:54 PM SGT
- Pall Corp. Hits All-Time High Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 8:51 PM SGT
Pall Corporation hit an all-time high on May 14 with a price of $69.58, beating its previous high of $69.17 attained on March 8
- Good News for Boeing Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 8:35 PM SGT
The Boeing Company has finalized an important order with Turkish Airlines for 70 Boeing single-aisle 737 aircrafts.
- Northrop Grumman boosts dividend to 61 cents AP - Wed, May 15, 2013 8:13 PM SGT
Northrop Grumman Corp. said Wednesday that its board increased the defense contractor's quarterly cash dividend by 6 cents, or 11 percent, to 61 cents. The dividend will be paid on June 12 to shareholders ...
- Boeing to fix batteries on all Dreamliner jets by … Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:01 PM SGT
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Boeing Co will complete fixing the batteries in all 50 of its high-tech 787 Dreamliner jets by the end of this month, Dinesh Keskar, senior vice president for sales in Asia Pacific, ...
- LMI Aerospace Q1 misses Investor's Business Daily - Sat, May 11, 2013 6:48 AM SGT
All Business Briefs
- Harsh winter hits sales at big cement makers Reuters - Wed, May 8, 2013 4:13 PM SGT
ZURICH/FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Holcim and HeidelbergCement said on Wednesday a long winter in Europe and North America contributed to a fall in first-quarter sales, putting more pressure on the cement makers' ...
- Dow closes above 15,000 for first time AFP - Wed, May 8, 2013 4:51 AM SGT
The blue-chip Dow Jones Industrial Average Tuesday closed above 15,000 for the first time as investor optimism about the US economy bolstered equities like Caterpillar. The Dow jumped 87.31 (0.58 percent) ...
- Chicago case alleges ties to North Korea AP - Tue, May 7, 2013 8:34 PM SGT
A Taiwanese businessman long suspected of ties to North Korea and his Illinois-based son have been charged in Chicago with seeking to bypass a U.S. ban on the export of weapons machinery to the hard-line ...
- Brazil confident on WTO leadership contest outcome AFP - Tue, May 7, 2013 6:01 AM SGT
Brazil said Monday it was confident about the outcome of the contest between its candidate and his Mexican rival to lead the World Trade Organization. "We are awaiting with confidence" the runoff ...
- Siemens Misses on Earnings Zacks - Mon, May 6, 2013 9:00 PM SGT
Siemens reported second quarter fiscal 2013 net income of $1.36 billion or $1.56 per share compared to $1.24 billion or $1.35 per share in the year-earlier quarter.
- In gloom of economic data, hope flickers for China … Reuters - Fri, May 3, 2013 3:35 PM SGT
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Improving first-quarter results from some of China's biggest steel and cement firms suggest that Beijing's economic recovery plan may be starting to filter through into corporate ...
- Bull of the Day: Potlatch (PCH) Zacks - Fri, May 3, 2013 1:00 PM SGT
With excellent results, improved guidance and soaring estimates, this wood products company looks like a solid growth story.
- Standard Pacific's net income, revenue surge in 1Q AP - Fri, May 3, 2013 6:43 AM SGT
Standard Pacific Corp.'s net income surged nearly threefold in the first three months of the year, as the company sold more homes and benefited from rising home prices. Completed sales in the quarter grew ...