- Final Glance: Tools and Appliances companies AP - 6 hours ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies were mixed at the close of trading: General Electric Co. rose $.20 or .8 percent, to $23.86. Snap-On fell $1.52 or 1.6 percent, to $90.76. Stanley Works ...
- Feature: 'Irrational' hackers are growing U.S. security … Reuters - 8 hours ago
By Jim Finkle REUTERS - Cybersecurity researcher HD Moore discovered he could use the Internet to access the controls of some 30 pipeline sensors around the country that were not password protected. A ...
- 'Irrational' hackers are growing U.S. security fea … Reuters - 9 hours ago
By Jim Finkle (Reuters) - Cybersecurity researcher HD Moore discovered he could use the Internet to access the controls of some 30 pipeline sensors around the country that were not password protected. ...
- Middday Glance: Tools and Appliances companies AP - 11 hours ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: General Electric Co. rose $.38 or 1.6 percent, to $24.04. Snap-On fell $.22 or .2 percent, to $92.06. Stanley Works rose $.73 or .9 ...
- Early Glance: Tools and Appliances companies AP - 13 hours ago
Shares of some top tools and appliances companies are up at 10 a.m.: General Electric Co. rose $.27 or 1.1 percent, to $23.93. Snap-On rose $.34 or .4 percent, to $92.62. Stanley Works rose $.56 or .7 ...
- 3M Unveils New Industrial Tape Zacks - 16 hours ago
3M Company (MMM) expanded its product line with Scotch Recycled Corrugate Tape 3072, an industrial tape used in packaging corrugated boxes.
- One Response to Apple Tax Strategy May Be to Copy … New York Times - Wed, May 22, 2013 8:26 AM SGT
An unintended consequence of a Senate hearing might be companies deciding to take advantage of the same loopholes as Apple.
- United Tech CEO sees stronger economy, airlines AP - Wed, May 22, 2013 2:19 AM SGT
The CEO of aerospace giant United Technologies Corp. is optimistic about an improving economy and airline industry. CEO Louis Chenevert told analysts Tuesday that airline profitability looks better for ...
- Del. governor touts more jobs at GE Aviation AP - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:15 AM SGT
Delaware Gov. Jack Markell is joining officials with GE Aviation to tout the addition of about 70 jobs at the company's Newark plant. GE Aviation, a unit of General Electric Co., says it plans to add 70 ...
- GE Capital to Pay Hefty Div. to Parent Zacks - Tue, May 21, 2013 10:40 PM SGT
GE Capital has recently announced that its Board of Directors has approved a proposal to pay a dividend of $6.5 billion in 2013 to its parent.
- PPG Industries Closes Deft Takeover Zacks - Tue, May 21, 2013 10:30 PM SGT
PPG Industries has closed its acquisition of specific assets of Deft Incorporated.
- GE Healthcare investing $17M in new SC plant AP - Tue, May 21, 2013 1:24 AM SGT
GE Healthcare is investing $17 million in a Florence, S.C. plant that will turn helium gas into supercool liquid needed for medical imaging. The company, which is a unit of General Electric Co., announced ...
- PPG Strikes New 52-week High Zacks - Mon, May 20, 2013 8:50 PM SGT
PPG Industries reached a new 52-week high of $158.89 on May 17.
- GE Capital plans to pay $6.5 billion in dividends to … Reuters - Mon, May 20, 2013 8:34 PM SGT
(Reuters) - GE Capital Corp's board has approved a plan to pay $6.5 billion in dividends, including a special dividend of $4.5 billion, to parent General Electric Co (GE.N) in 2013. "This announcement ...
- United Technologies Divests Assets Zacks - Mon, May 20, 2013 8:30 PM SGT
United Technologies Corp. (UTX) recently divested the power system unit division of Pratt & Whitney to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries ("MHI") for an undisclosed amount.
- GE to receive $6.5B in dividends from finance arm AP - Mon, May 20, 2013 8:11 PM SGT
General Electric Co. said Monday that it will receive $6.5 billion in dividends from its finance arm this year as the conglomerate works on reducing the size of its GE Capital financial arm. GE Capital ...
- Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day Highlights: Haverty … Zacks - Mon, May 20, 2013 8:10 PM SGT
Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day Highlights: Haverty Furniture, Silver Wheaton, Duke Realty, Jones Lang LaSalle and General Electric
- GE Capital plans to pay $11 billion in dividends to … Reuters - Mon, May 20, 2013 7:11 PM SGT
(Reuters) - GE Capital Corp's board has approved a plan to pay $6.5 billion (4.2 billion pounds) in dividends and a further $4.5 billion in special dividends to parent General Electric Co (GE.N) in 2013. ...
- Little sign Abe can shake up Japan's inbound FDI Reuters - Mon, May 20, 2013 3:49 PM SGT
- CFO at Duke Realty Resigns, Joins JLL Zacks - Sat, May 18, 2013 4:10 AM SGT
Duke Realty announced the decision of its Chief Financial Officer, Christie B. Kelly to quit her post and join Jones Lang as the new CFO.
- Textron Gets $85M DoD Contract Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:00 AM SGT
Textron receives an $85.0 million foreign military sales contract from the Department of Defense.
- GE Inks Agreement with Green Waste Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:00 AM SGT
General Electric Company recently signed an agreement with Green Waste Energy, a privately-held U.S.-based developer of Advanced Recycling and Energy Conversion plants, to supply Jenbacher J620 gas engines ...
- Dimon has big say over who serves on JPMorgan boar … Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 9:49 PM SGT
By Nadia Damouni, David Henry and Ross Kerber REUTERS - For years, JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) Chairman and CEO Jamie Dimon and other executives have hand-picked new directors, in a practice that is now ...
- Insight - Dimon has big say over who serves on JPMorgan … Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:10 PM SGT
By Nadia Damouni, David Henry and Ross Kerber (Reuters) - For years, JPMorgan Chase & Co Chairman and CEO Jamie Dimon and other executives have hand-picked new directors, in a practice that is now unusual ...
- Snap-on Acquires Challenger Lifts Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 4:10 AM SGT
Snap-on recently announced that it has acquired Challenger Lifts, Inc. in an all-cash transaction for about $38 million.
- MedTech Industry Stock Update - May 2013 Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 3:15 AM SGT
As expected, MedTech mergers and acquisitions are heating up in 2013.
- 3M Maintains Steady Dividend Payout Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 1:40 AM SGT
3M has recently announced a dividend of 63.5 cents per share or $2.54 on an annualized basis for second quarter 2013.
- United Tech donates $3M for Yale cancer research AP - Thu, May 16, 2013 1:20 AM SGT
Aerospace conglomerate United Technologies Corp. says it's donated $3 million to establish an endowed professorship at the Yale Cancer Center in New Haven Lieping Chen will be the first United Technologies ...
- Valspar's Earnings Tops, Hits New 52-week High Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 8:10 PM SGT
Valspar's second quarter earnings topped the Zacks Consensus Estimate on a recovery in its paint business.
- Sikorsky Copters Validated in Mexico Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:00 AM SGT
Sikorsky recently received the Type Certification by Mexico's civil aviation authority for its S-76D helicopters.
- New Maintenance Contract for Honeywell Zacks - Tue, May 14, 2013 8:40 PM SGT
Honeywell International Inc. recently secured a three-year maintenance and training contract worth $72.4 million from the U.S. Army
- Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest Reuters - Tue, May 14, 2013 1:10 PM SGT
May 14 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Tuesday: * Brazil's state-controlled oil firm Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras SA launched an $11 billion international ...
- Hess willing to add 2 Elliot board nominees AP - Tue, May 14, 2013 6:32 AM SGT
Hess Corp. says it is willing to add two of Elliot Capital Management's nominees to its board after they agreed to forgo compensation from the hedge fund. But Elliot Management says the Hess move is a ...
- Dredging Contract for Orion Zacks - Tue, May 14, 2013 4:20 AM SGT
Orion recently received a contract to dredge 2 million cubic yards of soil on Houston Ship Channel for about $9 million.
- Raytheon Hits 52-Week High Zacks - Tue, May 14, 2013 3:30 AM SGT
Shares of Raytheon Company reached a 52-week high of $64.27 on May 10.
- New Twist in Hess-Elliot Feud Zacks - Tue, May 14, 2013 1:10 AM SGT
Hess Corporation announced the imminent separation of the two key management posts of chairman and chief executive officer.
- Elliott nominees agree to forgo compensation AP - Mon, May 13, 2013 11:37 PM SGT
With days to go before Hess Corp.'s annual shareholder meeting, activist shareholder Elliot Capital Management's nominees to the energy company's board said they will forgo certain compensation that they ...
- News Summary: Hess to split CEO and chairman roles AP - Sat, May 11, 2013 4:02 AM SGT
BREAKUP: Under pressure from some of its shareholders, Hess Corp. said it will split the positions of CEO and chairman. THE EXECUTIVES: John Hess, son of the company founder, will hold on to the CEO title, ...
- Hess to split roles of CEO and chairman AP - Fri, May 10, 2013 10:12 PM SGT
Hess Corp. will split the positions of CEO and chairman as it fights off a campaign by a major shareholder for a change in leadership at the New York energy company. John Hess, son of the company founder, ...
- Strong 4Q Earnings for Precision Zacks - Fri, May 10, 2013 8:40 PM SGT
Earnings for the quarter came in at $2.82 per share, surpassing the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $2.77 by 1.8%.
- Hitachi forecasts 18.5 percent rise in full-year profit, … Reuters - Fri, May 10, 2013 2:54 PM SGT
TOKYO (Reuters) - Hitachi Ltd forecast an 18.5 percent jump in operating profit for this fiscal year, in line with expectations, as the electronics conglomerate reaps the benefits of a weaker yen while ...
- NextEra to Buy GE's New Wind Turbines Zacks - Fri, May 10, 2013 4:20 AM SGT
NextEra Energy set to purchase 59 of General Electric's latest high-tech wind turbines.
- GE Transportation Inks Contract Zacks - Fri, May 10, 2013 2:30 AM SGT
GE Transportation, a division of General Electric Company , recently signed an agreement with Aurizon to implement a rail network planning and optimization solution plan that will help trains to move faster ...
- Weak 1Q Earnings for URS Zacks - Thu, May 9, 2013 10:28 PM SGT
URS Corp. reported first-quarter 2013 recurring earnings per share of 96 cents a share, 14.3% below the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.12 a share.
- Solar Parity Arrives Early TheStreet.com - Thu, May 9, 2013 6:00 PM SGT
Renewable energy is now at price parity with other forms of electrical power. The world has changed.
- Stock Market News for May 9, 2013 Zacks - Thu, May 9, 2013 5:46 PM SGT
Benchmarks chalked up further gains on the back of investor optimism
- U.S. companies' overseas earnings hit $1.9 trillio … Reuters - Thu, May 9, 2013 7:10 AM SGT
- Whirlpool Hits New 52-Week High Zacks - Thu, May 9, 2013 5:10 AM SGT
Shares of Whirlpool Corporation (WHR) hit a new 52-Week high of $122.80 on Tuesday.
- 3M Masking Made Simpler and Easier Zacks - Thu, May 9, 2013 4:50 AM SGT
3M is all set to revolutionize the industrial and consumer markets once again with its latest innovation in the Masking Tape product line, since pioneering it way back in 1925.
- Triumph Group Acquires Primus Zacks - Wed, May 8, 2013 4:00 AM SGT
Triumph Group took over Primus Composites from Precision Castparts Corp. for an undisclosed amount.