- SandRidge CEO terminated following investigation AP - 1 hour 45 minutes ago
SandRidge Energy Inc. CEO, Chairman and founder, Tom Ward, has been dismissed after an investigation over a controversial deal but will receive a multimillion severance package. The oil and gas exploration ...
- New Low-Power Amplifier by Microchip Zacks - 1 hour 51 minutes ago
In order to extend battery life, Microchip Technology Inc. recently announced a new nine-member low-power, general-purpose operational amplifier (op amp) family: the MCP647X/8X/9X.
- Final Glance: Gold companies AP - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
Shares of some top gold companies were down at the close of trading: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.89 or 4.7 percent, to $18.01. Gold Fields Ltd ADS fell $.25 or 4.2 percent, to $5.67. GoldCorp. fell $.94 ...
- Final Glance: Silver companies AP - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Shares of some top silver companies were down at the close of trading: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.09 or 2.8 percent, to $3.17. Pan American Silver Corp. fell $.37 or 3.1 percent, to $11.48. Silver Standard ...
- Final Glance: Oil companies AP - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Shares of some top oil companies were down at the close of trading: BP PLC fell $.69 or 1.6 percent, to $42.60. Chevron fell $1.02 or .8 percent, to $120.50. ConocoPhillips fell $.39 or .6 percent, to ...
- Final Glance: Chemicals companies AP - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Shares of some top chemicals companies were down at the close of trading: Dow Chemical Co. fell $.52 or 1.5 percent, to $34.10. DuPont Co. fell $.55 or 1.0 percent, to $53.47.
- Final Glance: Coal companies AP - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Shares of some top coal companies were down at the close of trading: Arch Coal fell $.12 or 2.8 percent, to $4.13. Consol Energy Inc. fell $.80 or 2.5 percent, to $31.14. Peabody Energy fell $.34 or 2.0 ...
- RLJ Lodging Acquires Hawaiian Asset Zacks - 2 hours 1 minute ago
RLJ Lodging recently bought the long-term leasehold interest in Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach for $75.3 million.
- Chicago Gasoline Hits 3-Month Low as Refiners Boost … @ Bloomberg - 2 hours 19 minutes ago
Chicago gasoline weakened to the lowest level in more than three months as area refineries processed more oil last week, signaling more production that may boost supply.
- Steel Dynamics Guides Lower 2Q EPS Zacks - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
Steel Dynamics has provided its outlook for the second quarter of 2013.
- Tesoro Gets FTC Nod on Condition Zacks - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
The Federal Trade Commission has permitted Tesoro Corporation to acquire Northwest Products system from Chevron Corporation.
- SandRidge CEO Tom Ward Fired as CFO Bennett Takes … @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
SandRidge Energy Inc. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Tom Ward will depart the oil company he founded and be replaced by Chief Financial Officer James Bennett, days before an activist shareholder ...
- Wall Street REIT Success Gives Investors Hangover Part … @ Bloomberg - 3 hours ago
Investors in companies buying mortgage bonds are discovering that coming late to the party can still leave them with the biggest hangover.
- Tetra Tech Projects Loss in 3Q Zacks - 3 hours ago
Tetra Tech recently revised its third quarter 2013 guidance to factor in the impacts of increased restructuring costs from weakness in Eastern Canada and mining.
- U.S. Rig Count Rises by 6 Zacks - 4 hours ago
Number of rigs searching for oil and gas in U.S. was up by 6 from the previous week to 1,771.
- Patriot Contract Extension for RTN Zacks - 4 hours ago
Raytheon received a $115.9 million contract extension for developing the Patriot missile system.
- Paris Exile Mutes Putin Hometown Charm as Capital Exodus … @ Bloomberg - 4 hours ago
President Vladimir Putin is battling investor skepticism to woo foreign executives descending on his hometown today as Russia’s economy faces a risk of recession and a crackdown on critics scares off top ...
- S&P upgrades Olin Corp. AP - 4 hours ago
Standard & Poor's Ratings Service on Wednesday raised its rating on Olin Corp., saying it expects the chlor-alkali and ammunition producer's operating performance and credit metrics to improve. S&P raised ...
- Ex-BP employees face new indictments over spill AP - 4 hours ago
Justice Department prosecutors secured new indictments Wednesday against a former BP engineer and a former BP executive charged separately with obstructing probes of the company's 2010 oil spill in the ...
- Balanced View on Dril-Quip Zacks - 5 hours ago
We reaffirmed our Neutral recommendation on Dril-Quip Inc. on Jun 18, 2013.
- Mozambique's Renamo Threatens Coal Rail Line Used by … @ Bloomberg - 5 hours ago
The Mozambican National Resistance, an opposition group that fought a civil war against the government, threatened to disrupt a rail line in the center of the country used to haul coal from mines owned ...
- Chevron to Sell More Nigerian Assets Zacks - 5 hours ago
Chevron Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is planning to divest its ownership in three shallow water oil blocks, off the country's shore.
- Atwood Oceanics Prices Notes Zacks - 5 hours ago
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. announced the pricing of senior notes worth $200 million due to mature in 2020.
- World Food Prize goes to 3 biotech scientists AP - 5 hours ago
- Seafood board oversight shifted to lt. governor AP - 5 hours ago
Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne asked the Louisiana seafood promotion board Wednesday to draw up a strategic plan and said he'll seek an audit of its finances as he assumes oversight of its operations. Lawmakers ...
- Israel natural gas exports worth $60bn over next 20 … @ Financial Times - 6 hours ago
Israel's government on Wednesday said it had reached a long-awaited decision on exports of its offshore natural gas, which it said would bring the country a windfall of $60bn of profits over the next two ...
- Nucor Cut to Underperform Zacks - 6 hours ago
We have downgraded our recommendation on Nucor to Underperform.
- Exclusive: Parmalat should cut LAG price by $151 million, … Reuters - 6 hours ago
By Valentina Accardo PARMA, Italy (Reuters) - A court-appointed commissioner has recommended Italian dairy group Parmalat cut the price it paid to its parent company Lactalis to acquire its North American cheesemaking division by $151 million, a move that will please minority shareholders. Parmalat , which is 83-percent …
- Midday Glance: Silver companies AP - 6 hours ago
Shares of some top silver companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Hecla Mining Co. rose $.01 or .5 percent, to $3.28. Pan American Silver Corp. fell $.09 or .8 percent, to $11.76. Silver Standard Resources Inc. ...
- Midday Glance: Oil companies AP - 6 hours ago
Shares of some top oil companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: BP PLC fell $.42 or 1.0 percent, to $42.87. Chevron rose $.25 or .2 percent, to $121.77. ConocoPhillips rose $.21 or .3 percent, to $62.31. Exxon Mobil ...
- Midday Glance: Gold companies AP - 6 hours ago
Shares of some top gold companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.40 or 2.1 percent, to $18.50. Gold Fields fell $.12 or 2.0 percent, to $5.80. GoldCorp. fell $.26 or 1.0 percent, to $26.88. ...
- Midday Glance: Chemicals companies AP - 6 hours ago
Shares of some top chemicals companies are down at 1 p.m.: Dow Chemical Co. fell $.14 or .4 percent, to $34.48. DuPont Co. fell $.06 or .1 percent, to $53.97.
- Midday Glance: Coal companies AP - 6 hours ago
Shares of some top coal companies are down at 1 p.m.: Arch Coal fell $.11 or 2.5 percent, to $4.15. Consol Energy Inc. fell $.46 or 1.4 percent, to $31.49. Peabody Energy fell $.18 or 1.0 percent, to $16.65....
- EPL Oil & Gas moves corporate HQ to Houston AP - 6 hours ago
EPL Oil & Gas Inc. has moved its corporate headquarters to Houston from New Orleans. President and CEO Gary Hanna said in a statement on Wednesday that moving to Houston allows EPL to tap into the "deep ...
- C-Suite Earnings Outlook Grimmest Since '01 @ Fox Business - 7 hours ago
Whether the chilly weather, soft economy, or weak yen are to blame, c-suites across the country seem to be preparing for the worst this second-quarter earnings season.
- Chesapeake Still at Neutral Zacks - 7 hours ago
We reaffirmed our Neutral recommendation on Chesapeake Energy Corporation on Jun 14, 2013.
- Pannonia Leads Ethanol Critics of Platts Pricing Amid … @ Bloomberg - 7 hours ago
Pannonia Ethanol, a Hungarian ethanol producer, led critics of Platts at a meeting in London, a month after the publisher was raided by the European Union in a probe into potential manipulation of oil ...
- Labor Market's Loss = Investors' Gain: Worth it? Zacks - 7 hours ago
Recent economic data have exemplified the trend of companies splurging on investors through share buybacks and dividends instead of making the required investments in their workers.
- Fitch Says Nigeria Rating Hindered as Government Progress … @ Bloomberg - 7 hours ago
Slowing progress on government reforms before 2015 elections in Nigeria, Africa’s second- largest economy, is keeping the country from getting a better credit rating, according to Fitch Ratings.
- Big Steel has become a very big problem for China @ Financial Times - 7 hours ago
Even by China's standards, Wuhan Iron & Steel is enormous. As we drive along the four-lane highway beside the 22 square-kilometre site - with its eight blast furnaces, hot and cold rolling mills, port ...
- Embraer SA Hits a New High Zacks - 8 hours ago
Embraer SA hit a 52-week high of $38.77.
- Cyprus Approves LNG Terminal Deal With Noble, Delek, … @ Bloomberg - 8 hours ago
Cyprus approved today a provisional deal with Texas-based Noble Energy Inc. and two Israeli companies for the construction of an onshore liquefied natural gas terminal, deputy government spokesman Viktoras ...
- Petrobras, Sinopec in talks to build $20 bln refin … Reuters - 8 hours ago
SAO PAULO, June 19 (Reuters) - Petróleo Brasileiro SA, Brazil's state-run oil company, and China Petroleum and Chemical Corp are in talks to build a $20 billion, 300,000-barrels-a-day refinery in the South ...
- Penford finds accounting errors, restates sales AP - 8 hours ago
Penford Corp. said Wednesday that it found accounting errors in its financial statements for the first two fiscal quarters of 2013 and the past three fiscal years, leading to a restatement of its results ...
- Alpha Sees Coal Decline Extending U.S. Mine Output … @ Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
Declining metallurgical-coal prices, which are seen hitting a three-year low amid rising Australian exports to China, will lead U.S. producers to shut more mines, according to Alpha Natural Resources Inc....
- To Taper or Not?: In The Loop (06/18) @ Bloomberg - 9 hours ago
June 18 (Bloomberg) -- On today's "In The Loop," Betty Liu takes you from the day's breaking headlines straight through to the opening bell, speaking with the most influential guests and asking ...
- Mechel Posts Loss in 1Q, Announces Buyback Zacks - 9 hours ago
Mechel OAO posted net loss (attributable to shareholders) of roughly $321 million for first-quarter 2013 compared to a profit of $218 million a year ago.
- Early Glance: Oil companies AP - 9 hours ago
Shares of some top oil companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: BP PLC fell $.45 or 1.0 percent, to $42.84. Chevron rose $.11 or .1 percent, to $121.63. ConocoPhillips rose $.04 or .1 percent, to $62.14. Exxon ...
- Early Glance: Silver companies AP - 9 hours ago
Shares of some top silver companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Hecla Mining Co. rose $.01 or .2 percent, to $3.27. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.01 or .1 percent, to $11.86. Silver Standard Resources Inc. ...
- Early Glance: Gold companies AP - 9 hours ago
Shares of some top gold companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.02 or .1 percent, to $18.88. Gold Fields fell $.09 or 1.5 percent, to $5.83. GoldCorp. fell $.18 or .7 percent, to $26.96. ...