- Search for Malaysia Airlines Flight Enters Second … @ The Wall Street Journal - 36 minutes ago
The search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 continued for a second day amid news that two passengers appeared to have boarded using stolen passports.
- Chinese Consumer Prices Rose in February @ The Wall Street Journal - 1 hour 3 minutes ago
China's consumer price index rose 2% in February from a year earlier, slower than a 2.5% on-year rise in January, while the producer price index fell 2% in February from a year earlier.
- Stolen Passports Surface as Hunt Narrows for Malaysian … @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 1 minute ago
Two people listed as being on a missing Malaysia Airlines jet weren't on the flight, and their passports had been stolen in Thailand. The search for Flight MH370, which disappeared on its way from Kuala ...
- AT&T, T-Mobile Adjust Wireless Prices @ The Wall Street Journal - 2 hours 28 minutes ago
U.S. wireless carriers have rejiggered the prices of their service plans again, extending a period of unusual volatility triggered by an aggressive push for customers by T-Mobile US Inc.
- Car Makers Try to Make It Big With Smallest of Mod … @ The Wall Street Journal - 3 hours ago
Auto makers are taking a fresh crack at solving the problem of how to make money on the tiny cars that European regulators, and many consumers, want them to sell.
- Bull Market Five Years On: Still Celebrating @ The Wall Street Journal - 4 hours ago
As the bull market turns five years old, stock investors have a lot to celebrate. But this bull market is showing its age.
- Over Half Missing Flight's Passengers Chinese Citi … @ The Wall Street Journal - 7 hours ago
There was an array of nationalities and professions among passengers on a missing Malaysia Airlines flight, though over half were Chinese citizens.
- Airline Safety in Asia Not in Question @ The Wall Street Journal - 8 hours ago
As the search continued for a Malaysia Airlines jetliner, experts say many Asian carriers have improved their records, with the region among the safest.
- For Bitcoin Sleuths, Things Get Curiouser and Curi … @ The Wall Street Journal - 9 hours ago
The hunt for the founder of bitcoin turned into a cyberspace cat-and-mouse game, as would-be sleuths competed with pranksters in an effort to identify the mysterious inventor.
- Malaysia Air, Jet Have Excellent Safety Records, Experts … @ The Wall Street Journal - 16 hours ago
Both Malaysia Airlines and the type of Boeing passenger jet that went missing meet the highest safety standards, industry experts say.
- Online Funds Pressure China's Deposit Ceiling @ The Wall Street Journal - 18 hours ago
A former vice governor of the People's Bank of China said online money-market funds are putting pressure on the central bank's ceiling on bank deposit rates, but regulators welcome the development.
- China Posts Rare Deficit @ The Wall Street Journal - 19 hours ago
China recorded a sharp decline in exports and a rare $22.98 billion deficit in February, raising fresh concerns over the strength of the world's No. 2 economy.
- Boeing 777: One of the Safest Jets @ The Wall Street Journal - 21 hours ago
The Boeing 777 flown by Malaysia Airlines that disappeared Saturday morning is one of the most popular, safest jets.
- Malaysia Airlines Jet Goes Missing @ The Wall Street Journal - 21 hours ago
Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a Boeing 777-200ER aircraft carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Flight MH370 was scheduled to land in Beijing at 6:30 a.m.
- Jobs Rebound Eases Fear of Spring Stall @ The Wall Street Journal - 22 hours ago
Jobs growth picked up in February as many employers shrugged off snowstorms and bitter cold across much of the U.S., suggesting resilience in the labor market that should allow the Federal Reserve to continue ...
- Russia Threatens to Cut Gas to Ukraine @ The Wall Street Journal - 22 hours ago
Russia accused Ukraine of failing to pay its natural gas bills and sent the strongest signal yet that it is preparing to absorb Crimea, while the Pentagon said it discussed the possibility of closer ties ...
- At GM, Red Tape Still Rules @ The Wall Street Journal - 23 hours ago
The picture that emerges from General Motors's disclosures about events that led to the recent recalls of 1.6 million vehicles is of a company still burdened by bureaucratic complexity, and unable to respond ...
- Boeing to Inspect Undelivered 787s for Cracks @ The Wall Street Journal - 23 hours ago
Boeing said a manufacturing problem had caused hairline cracks in the wings on some undelivered Dreamliner jets, requiring inspections on 43 aircraft and delaying some deliveries.
- Ranbaxy Recalls Generic Lipitor in U.S. @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 11:18 AM SGT
Ranbaxy Laboratories, the India-based generic-drug maker beset by manufacturing-quality problems, has issued another recall of generic versions of the cholesterol drug Lipitor in the U.S. because of a ...
- Family Gathers at Malaysian Airport Over Missing J … The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 11:02 AM SGT
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia – Family and friends of passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight were ushered Saturday behind closed doors in a departure lounge at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Meanwhile, volunteers including from Malaysia Airlines—wearing blue vests saying "Special Team Assistance" –lined up at …
- Chaori Solar Defaults on Bond Payment @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 10:59 AM SGT
Chaori Solar failed to meet bond-interest payments, becoming China's first domestic corporate-bond default.
- Anwar's Sodomy Acquittal Overturned @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 10:41 AM SGT
Malaysia's appeals court overturned the acquittal of opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim on a sodomy charge and sentenced him to five years in prison.
- Ukraine Icon Calls for More Help From West @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 10:25 AM SGT
Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, feted as a martyr for her country's freedom by European leaders, warned that the West risks its credibility by not taking more forceful action against ...
- Sally Beauty's CEO Sold Stock @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 9:42 AM SGT
Sally Beauty's chief executive sold $16.2 million of stock in the past week, shortly before the beauty-supply retailer said it was investigating an attempted breach of its payment systems.
- Fukushima's Toughest Cleanup Stage Ahead @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 9:40 AM SGT
Three years after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident, the stricken plant's operator estimates it is still six years away from grappling with the biggest cleanup problem: removing melted nuclear fuel....
- Newsweek Chief's Turnaround Formula: 'Deep Reporti … @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 8:38 AM SGT
Newsweek's editor in chief Jim Impoco has a simple formula for turning around the moribund newsweekly: Focus on "deep reporting" and investigative stories: 'Create your own weather if you must.'...
- Coupons.com Shares Surge in Debut @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 8:32 AM SGT
Shares of Coupons.com surged after making their public trading debut, pushing the online coupon company's market value to about $2.2 billion.
- Legal Hurdles Could Block Recall Claims @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 8:23 AM SGT
General Motors has apologized profusely in recent days for an ignition-switch defect that existed for nine years and has been tied to at least 13 deaths in U.S. But apologies might be all many of the injured ...
- Stocks End Mostly Higher; Nasdaq Drops @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:41 AM SGT
U.S. stocks closed mostly higher Friday after data showed more jobs were created in February than economists expected.
- Bitcoin Report Rattles Currency's World @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:20 AM SGT
A Newsweek article purporting to identify the creator of bitcoin shot through the community of investors and traders who have helped build the $8 billion market for the virtual currency.
- KKR Digs for Fresh Equity for Mining Business @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:13 AM SGT
KKR decided to tip 100 million Australian dollars fresh equity into its A$1 billion mining-logistics business Bis Industries Ltd, just months after attempting an initial public offering for the company....
- Euro Reaches Two-Year High After ECB Changes Nothi … @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:05 AM SGT
While the bank wasn't expected to change interest rates, its resolve not to pump more liquidity into the system pushed the currency higher.
- Copper Drops Sharply on China Worries @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 7:04 AM SGT
Copper prices post their biggest drop in more than two years Friday, as investors worried about slowing growth in China.
- Caterpillar, Sany Take Digs at Each Other @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 3:57 AM SGT
Construction-equipment makers Caterpillar and Sany Heavy Industry clashed at a trade show over which company is No. 1 in the Chinese excavator market.
- With Shouts and Hugs, Sprint Boss Drives Turnaroun … @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 3:22 AM SGT
SoftBank Chief Executive Masayoshi Son is pushing hard for Sprint to shed its "loser" mindset in mobile-phone industry.
- Secret Set to Raise Nearly $10 Million at $40 Million … The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 3:11 AM SGT
Secret, maker of a mobile app that lets people anonymously share information with friends, is set to raise almost $10 million of venture capital in a deal valuing the young startup at more than $40 million, according to people familiar with the matter. Google Ventures is leading the round, which will include previous investor …
- European Stocks Decline @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 2:59 AM SGT
European stocks ended in negative territory Friday, and U.S. stocks were mixed after the U.S. monthly jobs report showed more jobs were created than expected in February.
- Apple, Android Stay on Top of Smartphone Market @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 1:57 AM SGT
Apple led as the top smartphone maker by market share in the U.S. for the three months ended January, while Android remained the most-used smartphone platform.
- China's Sinopec to Allow Foreign Investors @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 12:20 AM SGT
China's largest oil refiner, which is opening up its lucrative fuel-marketing business to outside investors, will allow foreigners to participate in the transaction.
- Strong Start for German Industry @ The Wall Street Journal - Sat, Mar 8, 2014 12:07 AM SGT
An unusually mild winter helped lift industrial output in Europe's largest economy, signaling that Germany is off to a good start this year, data from the country's economics ministry showed.
- Cerberus Reaches Deal for Safeway @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:39 PM SGT
Cerberus Capital reached an agreement to buy Safeway for more than $9 billion in what would be the private-equity firm's latest acquisition of a big U.S. grocery chain.
- Malaysia's Petronas to Sell Indian Oil 10% Stake in … @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:14 PM SGT
Petroliam Nasional Bhd, Malaysia's state oil and gas company, said it has agreed to sell Indian Oil Corp. a 10% stake in its Canadian liquefied natural gas project.
- Companies Rush to List Shares @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:40 PM SGT
Companies are launching IPOs at the fastest pace in years to take advantage of booming share prices and investor demand.
- Milan Court Overturns Banks' Fraud Convictions @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:38 PM SGT
A Milan appeals court overturned the convictions of UBS, Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan and Depfa for fraud in the sale of derivatives contracts to the city of Milan in the mid-2000s.
- Fiat Chrysler Aims to Double China Sales With Ottimo … @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:36 PM SGT
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV aims to double sales in China this year as it brings a second model to its lineup under the Fiat brand in the world's biggest car market.
- Asian Shares Enjoy Strong Week @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:51 PM SGT
Asian markets moved higher Friday at the end of a positive week for the region, ahead of a monthly labor report in the U.S.
- Oil Takes Breather Ahead of U.S. Jobs Report @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:23 PM SGT
Crude oil markets were very quiet ahead of U.S. employment figures, and with any premium from the crisis in Crimea having faded.
- U.S. Household Net Worth Hits Record @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:20 PM SGT
Americans' wealth reached an inflation-adjusted record last year thanks to a surging stock market and rising home values, laying the groundwork for stronger economic growth. But benefits have unfolded ...
- Two Companies Delay Hong Kong IPO Plans @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 7:19 PM SGT
Two planned share sales in Hong Kong were scrapped Friday, according to people with direct knowledge of the deals.
- Ukraine PM in Airport Security Scare @ The Wall Street Journal - Fri, Mar 7, 2014 6:35 PM SGT
A plane carrying Ukraine's new prime minister, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, was searched following a security warning amid continuing tension between Ukraine and Russia in the Crimea.