- Stocks In Focus (ComfortDelGro Corp, DMX Technologies … Shares Investment - 6 hours ago
ComfortDelGro Corporation is extending the firm’s market reach in Australia through the acquisition of 100 percent of the issued shares of Driver Group in Melbourne, Victoria for A$22 million ($27 million), ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 21/05/13 Shares Investment - 11 hours ago
Minority shareholders of TIME dotcom, an ASEAN-focused data and telecommunications solutions provider, formally approved all the proposed resolutions at its 16th Annual General Meeting, yesterday.
- Stock Indices Continue To Power Ahead… Shares Investment - Mon, May 20, 2013 3:15 PM SGT
Asian indices continued their upwards rally, led by Japan, China and US which surged 10.5 percent, 3.5 percent and 3.3 percent respectively. (See Table 1 for the indices’ performance over the past two ...
- Stocks In Focus (SingTel, XMH Hldgs, YHI Int’l) – … Shares Investment - Mon, May 20, 2013 1:55 PM SGT
SingTel's Optus announced its network plans and strategy beyond 2014, including rolling out Australia's first multi-band 4G network.
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 20/05/13 Shares Investment - Mon, May 20, 2013 10:14 AM SGT
UMW Holdings long anticipated move to list its oil and gas division received lukewarm response from the investing community.
- Stocks In Focus (Singapore Airlines, King Wan Corp, … Shares Investment - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:54 AM SGT
For the fourth quarter ended 31 March, Singapore Airlines returned to the black with profit of $68.3 million against a net loss of $38.2 million in 4Q12, boosted by a $54.7 million gain on disposal of ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 17/05/13 Shares Investment - Fri, May 17, 2013 10:05 AM SGT
Globetronics Technology plans to invest between RM35 to RM40 million on fresh design and development activities in the second half of this year.
- Stocks In Focus (Olam, UE, Banyan Tree) – 16/05/13 Shares Investment - Thu, May 16, 2013 11:51 AM SGT
Olam International (Olam), reported a 10 percent increase in its 3Q13 earnings. Earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter were $0.0434, a reflection of an upside of some 9.3 percent compared to 3Q12’s of ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 16/05/13 Shares Investment - Thu, May 16, 2013 10:22 AM SGT
WCT is confident of capturing RM1.5 billion worth of domestic and overseas construction projects this year.
- Stocks In Focus (Noble Group, Thai Beverage Public … Shares Investment - Wed, May 15, 2013 12:00 PM SGT
Noble Group’s earnings for the quarter ended 31 March 2013 plunged 62.5 percent to US$41.3 million while revenue slid 1.1 percent to US$22.6 billion.
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 15/05/13 Shares Investment - Wed, May 15, 2013 9:35 AM SGT
PPB Group plans to diversify its business portfolio through its recent venture into the property development project in Iskandar Malaysia, apart from planning to increase the number of flour mills in the ...
- In Conversation With Aberdeen (Part II): Singapore … Shares Investment - Tue, May 14, 2013 12:20 PM SGT
Despite the recent surge in asset prices, Chong felt that a lot of companies in Singapore are still good investments.
- Stocks In Focus (City Developments, Super Group, United … Shares Investment - Tue, May 14, 2013 11:41 AM SGT
Property developer City Developments reported a 12.2 percent slide in net profit to $137.6 million for the first quarter ended 31 March 2013. The drop was attributed to lower earnings from its hotel operations ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 14/05/13 Shares Investment - Tue, May 14, 2013 10:30 AM SGT
KKB Engineering plans to bid for structural steel fabrication contracts tendered out by Petroliam Nasional’s LNG Train 9 project, as well as three other contracts which involve foreign direct investment ...
- Stocks In Focus (Nam Cheong, Croesus Retail Trust, … Shares Investment - Mon, May 13, 2013 1:33 PM SGT
Nam Cheong announced that it has sold five vessels worth a total of US$110 million.
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 13/05/13 Shares Investment - Mon, May 13, 2013 10:43 AM SGT
Major names in property and construction such as Sunway, UOA Development, Mah Sing Group, Glomac, Gamuda, IJM Corp, WCT and Kimlun Corp are expected to lead local stock market’suptrend in the post-general ...
- Lian Beng, Will It Resume The Uptrend? Shares Investment - Fri, May 10, 2013 2:49 PM SGT
Lian Beng Group has recently hit its four-year high. The share is in a nice uptrend and is likely to remain so for the immediate near term. Recently, the share had a pullback following a not too powerful ...
- Stocks In Focus (PLife REIT, UE, WBL, Starhub) Shares Investment - Fri, May 10, 2013 12:51 PM SGT
A distribution per unit (DPU) of $0.264 for 1Q13 was posted by Parkway Life REIT (PLife REIT), compared to that of $0.256 seen in 1Q12. Distributable income stood at $16 million for 1Q13, against that ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 10/05/13 Shares Investment - Fri, May 10, 2013 10:09 AM SGT
DiGi.Com plans to allocate four-fifths of its capital expenditure amounting to RM750 million this year for the construction of long-term evolution or 4G and 3G networks.
- Stocks In Focus (ASL Marine, Ezion Hldgs, BreakTalk) … Shares Investment - Thu, May 9, 2013 1:47 PM SGT
ASL Marine Holdings posted earnings of $9.6 million for its third quarter ended 31 March, up 21 percent from $8 million a year ago.
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 09/05/13 Shares Investment - Thu, May 9, 2013 10:14 AM SGT
Datasonic Group secured a contract worth RM18.7 million to offer identification Technology solutions to the national registration department.
- Stocks In Focus (Singapore Technologies Engineering, … Shares Investment - Wed, May 8, 2013 1:52 PM SGT
Integrated engineering group Singapore Technologies Engineering recorded a relatively flat performance for the first quarter ended 31 March 2013. Revenue edged 0.3 percent higher to $1,544.7 million while ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 08/05/13 Shares Investment - Wed, May 8, 2013 10:39 AM SGT
Stocks prices of rubber glove manufacturers rose yesterday driven possibly by news that the bird flu (H7N9) death toll in China has increased.
- Stocks In Focus (CH Offshore, OKH Global, Singapore … Shares Investment - Tue, May 7, 2013 2:06 PM SGT
CH Offshore, an offshore service provider, which charters vessels to support the offshore oil and gas industry reported a 8.2 percent fall in revenue to US$35.7 million for the nine months ending 31 March ...
- Bullish Charts But Be Wary Of Seasonal Slump Shares Investment - Tue, May 7, 2013 12:16 PM SGT
Since two weeks ago, most Asian indices jumped as the Fed maintained its bond buying and said that they may do more or less, depending on the situation, coupled with the European Central Bank who cut the ...
- In Conversation With Aberdeen (Part I): Japan, An Investing … Shares Investment - Tue, May 7, 2013 11:30 AM SGT
Aberdeen Asia recently won the inaugural Best Fund House award at Morningstar Awards 2013. Delve into the mind and soul of Aberdeen as we interview Aberdeen's investment director about Aberdeen's investment ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 07/05/13 Shares Investment - Tue, May 7, 2013 10:37 AM SGT
AmResearch has retained an "Overweight" rating on the oil and gas sector based on expected multiple contracts to be awarded upon Barisan Nasional's majority win in the 13th general election.
- Stocks In Focus (SembCorp Marine, Sarin Technologies, … Shares Investment - Mon, May 6, 2013 11:31 AM SGT
SembCorp Marine’s profit rose 5 percent to $118.7 million on the back of an 11.4 percent increase in turnover to $1.1 billion for the first quarter of 2013.
- Stocks In Focus (Croesus Retail Trust, United Overseas … Shares Investment - Fri, May 3, 2013 11:54 AM SGT
Croesus Retail Trust (CRT), will be offering 229.12 million units to institutional and retail investors at $0.93 per unit. A stipulated of some 21.5 million units, representing 9.4 percent of the offering ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 03/05/13 Shares Investment - Fri, May 3, 2013 10:06 AM SGT
Nestle (Malaysia) expects to increase its capital expenditure (capex) this year to more than RM200 million from RM160 million a year earlier to boost its ready-to-drink products.
- Stocks In Focus (Ascott Residence Trust, Vard Hldgs, … Shares Investment - Thu, May 2, 2013 10:40 AM SGT
Ascott Residence Trust entered into conditional agreements to buy three primed serviced residences in China and a portfolio of 11 rental housing properties in Japan for a total of $287.4 million.
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 02/05/13 Shares Investment - Thu, May 2, 2013 10:07 AM SGT
Analyst expects Dayang Enterprise to secure RM3 billion worth of contracts from the Pan Malaysia hook-up and commissioning project.
- In Conversation With Hu Li Yang: It’s Time To Be Cautious … Shares Investment - Tue, Apr 30, 2013 1:40 PM SGT
Extensively sought after as a speaker, investment guru, Hu Li Yang was in town over the weekend for a seminar. Read on to find out his thoughts, opinions as well as predictions about where the markets ...
- Breakdown: CapitaMalls Asia 1Q13 Results Continues … Shares Investment - Tue, Apr 30, 2013 12:00 PM SGT
The best performer on the Singapore Stock Exchange last year, CapitaMalls Asia (CMA) had just released its 1Q13 results on 24 April 2013. Surprising many, it was somewhat above consensus expectations. ...
- Stocks In Focus (Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation, … Shares Investment - Tue, Apr 30, 2013 11:57 AM SGT
In a filing with the Singapore Exchange earlier today, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation reported a 16.3 percent decline in earnings for the first quarter ended 31 March to $696 million from $832 million ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 30/04/13 Shares Investment - Tue, Apr 30, 2013 10:32 AM SGT
FELDA Global Ventures Holdings may venture into Papua New Guinea to expand its plantation land.
- Stocks In Focus (Aussino Group, Indofood Agri Resources, … Shares Investment - Mon, Apr 29, 2013 2:23 PM SGT
The Singapore Exchange (SGX) in a letter dated 28 April 2013 rejected Aussino Group’s application for a controversial $70 million reverse takeover of the energy business of Max Myanmar Group.
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 29/04/13 Shares Investment - Mon, Apr 29, 2013 10:29 AM SGT
WCT is going big on malls with the addition of another two malls in Overseas Union Garden, Kuala Lumpur, and Kemayan City, Johor to its portfolio in a bid for growth.
- CMC Markets – Evening Update 26/04/13 Shares Investment - Mon, Apr 29, 2013 8:55 AM SGT
Asian markets have finished today mixed after a week in which we saw pretty solid gains made across the region.
- Stocks In Focus (Yangzijiang Shipbuilding (Hldgs), … Shares Investment - Fri, Apr 26, 2013 10:44 AM SGT
Yangzijiang Shipbuilding (Holdings) posted a 29.5 percent slide in net profit to Rmb717.2 million for its first quarter ended 31 March 2013, down from Rmb1 billion a year ago.
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 26/04/13 Shares Investment - Fri, Apr 26, 2013 10:22 AM SGT
Pavilion Real Estate Investment Trust received mixed reviews after releasing its first quarter results for the financial year 2013.
- Stocks In Focus (Courts Asia, Croesus Retail Trust, … Shares Investment - Thu, Apr 25, 2013 12:36 PM SGT
Courts Asia (Courts), Singapore’s largest furniture and electrical appliances seller saw overwhelming response for its three-year $125 million bonds.
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 25/04/13 Shares Investment - Thu, Apr 25, 2013 10:41 AM SGT
Kimlun Corporation's recently secured RM64.3 million contract, received neutral response from analysts.
- Stocks In Focus (Boustead, Hong Leong Finance, Tiger … Shares Investment - Wed, Apr 24, 2013 12:01 PM SGT
Boustead Singapore released a statement yesterday saying that its energy-related engineering division has clinched contracts worth approximately $60 million from the oil and gas (O&G) industries globally ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 24/04/13 Shares Investment - Wed, Apr 24, 2013 10:07 AM SGT
Analysts are upbeat about UEM Land Holdings’ latest development to dispose two land parcels in Puteri Harbour, Johor.
- Market Outlook: US Indices Weaken, Volatility Increases … Shares Investment - Tue, Apr 23, 2013 11:36 AM SGT
Table 1 shows the indices performance over the past two weeks. If we just base on the percentage change over the past two weeks, it would have seemed everything is quiet and peaceful.
- Breakdown: KepCorp’s Lacklustre Start To 2013 Shares Investment - Tue, Apr 23, 2013 11:25 AM SGT
KepCorp recently released its financial report card. Figures weren't fantastic though. How did it fare? More importantly, what does this bode for the offshore and marine giant?
- Stocks In Focus (Keppel Corp, Mapletree Commercial … Shares Investment - Tue, Apr 23, 2013 11:14 AM SGT
Keppel Corporation’s wholly-owned subsidiary Ocean Mineral Singapore Holding has entered into a joint venture agreement with UK Seabed Resouces and Lion City Capital Partners to explore for polymetallic ...
- Malaysia Daily Bulletin – 23/04/13 Shares Investment - Tue, Apr 23, 2013 10:13 AM SGT
Uzma’s recently awarded RM238 million contract has received positive response from analysts.
- CMC Markets – Evening Update 22/04/13 Shares Investment - Tue, Apr 23, 2013 8:47 AM SGT
Asian markets traded mostly higher today as Japan's Nikkei shot the lights with the Index climbing over 1.9 % to a near 5 year high.