- Broker Commissions Are Here To Stay Investopedia - 15 hours ago
With two developed nations adopting a firm anti-commission stance, questions have arisen over whether or not the United States should follow suit. Find out why such a development is unlikely.
- Mergers And Acquisitions: Understanding Takeovers Investopedia - 17 hours ago
In the dramatic world of M&As, battleground terms meld with bizarre metaphors to form the language of the game.
- The Role Of Parents In Financial Education Investopedia - 19 hours ago
The need for a concerted program of financial education cannot be ignored, and even though many parents are ill-equipped to lead the charge, there are numerous programs they can support.
- Interpreting A Company's IPO Prospectus Report Investopedia - Thu, May 23, 2013 3:00 AM SGT
Learn to decipher the secret language of the IPO prospectus report - it can tell you a lot about a company's future.
- The US National Spending and Debt Investopedia - Wed, May 22, 2013 6:43 PM SGT
We are looking at what could be the official year of the Federal Budget, more specifically our debt and how we will manage it for many years to come.
- A Day In The Life Of A Day Trader Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 9:25 PM SGT
Day trading has many advantages and, while we often hear about these perks, it's important to realize that day trading is hard work.
- Introduction To Guerrilla Trading Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 8:30 PM SGT
Guerilla trading can takes a lot of expereince, risk capital and mental fortitude; it is not for the novice investor.
- Make Your Precious Metal Choice Less ‘Golden’ Investopedia - Tue, May 21, 2013 2:00 AM SGT
The recent rout in gold prices has affected the rest of the precious metals space as well. However, unlike gold, platinum is benefiting from long term industrial demand as well as constrained supplies. ...
- Guerrilla Trading Investopedia - Mon, May 20, 2013 9:10 PM SGT
A very short-term trading technique that aims to generate small profits while taking on very little risk per trade, and repeating this multiple times in a trading session. Guerrilla trades typically have ...
- Is It Time to Invest in Australia? Investopedia - Sun, May 19, 2013 1:00 AM SGT
Australia a country rich in natural resources and one increasingly gaining attention from investors. Is it time to put some of your international allocation to work in Australia?
- Stop Keeping Up With The Joneses - They're Broke Investopedia - Sat, May 18, 2013 9:00 PM SGT
Conspicuous consumption could be robbing you of future wealth.
- Wal-Mart Uses Rigorous Cost Control To Offset Weaker … Investopedia - Sat, May 18, 2013 2:30 AM SGT
Sluggish sales growth at Wal-Mart isn't a big surprise, but it could keep a lid on the stock.
- How Much Further Can Value Carry Autodesk? Investopedia - Sat, May 18, 2013 1:00 AM SGT
Autodesk comes up short again as the macro environment stays soft.
- A Day In The Life Of A CFO Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 9:06 PM SGT
What would your life look like if you were CFO? We’ve interviewed three chief financial officers to find out.
- The Smith Maneuver: A Canadian Mortgage Tax-Deductible … Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:40 PM SGT
Canadian mortgages aren’t tax-deductible like the U.S.-based mortgages, but there's a way around this hurdle.
- Planning Your Second Career Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:35 PM SGT
A second career can provide opportunities whether you are worried about outliving your retirement savings, or you want to stay productive and do something meaningful later in life.
- The Yen is Setting up to be an Attractive Long-Term … Investopedia - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:00 AM SGT
As Japan embarks on quantitative easing, the yen has come under pressure. Will it continue to be the source of big profits in the latter half of 2013?
- How To Start Saving For Retirement Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 11:55 PM SGT
If you establish these money-saving habits and patiently allow your wealth to build, you will be taking some huge steps forward in making your financial future more secure.
- Behavioral Bias - Cognitive Vs. Emotional Bias In … Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 10:00 PM SGT
We all have biases. The key to better investing is to identify those biases and create rules to minimize their effect.
- Parabolic SAR Buy Signals Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 6:00 AM SGT
The Parabolic SAR indicator is flashing "buy" in these four diverse stocks. Not simply relying on one indicator though, I take a look at the overall technical outlook and determine which ones ...
- If You Don't Mind Volatility, Deere Could Still Do … Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 2:30 AM SGT
Though Deere's shares sold off after earnings, the business model is sound and rolling along.
- Agilent Isn't Making It Easy On Investors Investopedia - Thu, May 16, 2013 1:56 AM SGT
Core operating performance at Agilent needs to improve
- Know Your Stock Cost Basis Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 10:10 PM SGT
Understanding equity cost basis is critical for tracking the gains or losses of an investment.
- Why Governments Issue Foreign Bonds Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 1:45 AM SGT
Government bonds issued in foreign currency have drawn a growing amount of interest in recent years. This article explores why governments, particularly those in emerging markets, choose to denominate ...
- Roper A Little Short On Growth, But A Proven Builder … Investopedia - Wed, May 15, 2013 12:13 AM SGT
Roper's organic growth isn't great now, but the market's love for this M&A frequent flyer is unlikely to dim
- Designations For The Buy Side Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 9:22 PM SGT
For those interested in picking securities and financial planning, these certifications could be just what your buy-side financial career needs.
- Fact Sheet: What Is The Fortune 500 List? Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 7:00 PM SGT
The Fortune 500 is a list most have heard of but don't know much about. Here, we present the basics with a few interesting facts.
- Sell In May – Yay Or Nay? Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 1:00 AM SGT
Seasonal timing in the market, best personified by the adage, “Sell in May – Go away,” has long been the subject of debate among investors. The question remains: Is there anything to it?
- Consumer Spending As A Market Indicator Investopedia - Tue, May 14, 2013 12:00 AM SGT
What people buy and where they shop can provide valuable information about the economy.
- 6 Things You Think Add Value To Your Home - But Really … Investopedia - Sun, May 12, 2013 8:00 PM SGT
Not everyone wants to spend their weekends shaping backyard topiaries. Even though you may enjoy the improvements you make to your house, it doesn't mean that they'll increase its value.
- Depreciation: Straight-Line Vs. Double-Declining M … Investopedia - Sat, May 11, 2013 11:00 PM SGT
Appreciate the different methods used to describe how book value is "used up".
- 6 Tips For Selling Your Home Fast Investopedia - Sat, May 11, 2013 9:00 PM SGT
Find out what you can do to stand out from the competition and make your home an easy sell.
- The Economics Of Stay-At-Home Moms Investopedia - Fri, May 10, 2013 9:00 PM SGT
If an at-home mom was getting paid for all of the work she does, how much would she get?
- Trade Forex On Herd Instinct Investopedia - Fri, May 10, 2013 5:00 AM SGT
Use caution and commonsense when making trades according to herd instinct – use stop losses, avoid complacency and plan your exit strategy.
- An Introduction To The Keogh Retirement Plan Investopedia - Fri, May 10, 2013 12:51 AM SGT
Learn more about this popular defined-contribution retirement plan that many business owners, proprietors, and self-employed people can benefit from.
- An Introduction To The CMA Designation Investopedia - Thu, May 9, 2013 9:18 PM SGT
Learn what the Certified Management Accountant designation is, how to get it and what it can do for your accounting career.
- Why Your Pension Plan Has Sovereign Debt In It Investopedia - Thu, May 9, 2013 2:30 AM SGT
One type of security pensions tend to invest in is sovereign debt, or debt issued by a government.
- Emerson – More Realistic, But Not Necessarily Bett … Investopedia - Thu, May 9, 2013 2:28 AM SGT
Emerson's relative performance may be positive, but the net value is still lacking
- Mondelez Isn't As Good As Nestle, But Priced Like It … Investopedia - Thu, May 9, 2013 1:48 AM SGT
Investors seem to bullish on Mondelez, given the relative performance at Kellogg and Nestle.
- Women: Invest In Your Financial Literacy Investopedia - Thu, May 9, 2013 12:15 AM SGT
Learning about money may seem intimidating, but it's not as hard as it looks.
- 4 Behavioral Biases And How To Avoid Them Investopedia - Wed, May 8, 2013 11:10 PM SGT
Here are four common common behavioral biases for traders and how to minimize their effects on your portoflio.
- Decline Of The Independent Broker-Dealer Investopedia - Wed, May 8, 2013 9:09 PM SGT
Since the financial crisis of 2008-2009 the numbers of independent broker-dealers have been steadily declining. Find out why, and if the trend will continue.
- What's On A Consumer Credit Report? Investopedia - Wed, May 8, 2013 12:45 AM SGT
A look at the various components and considerations that go into one's credit report and credit score.
- Check Point Software Could Be A Second-Half Reboun … Investopedia - Tue, May 7, 2013 12:40 AM SGT
If Check Point can reignite growth, the stock is much too cheap.
- 7 Unconventional Ways Businesses Can Borrow Money Investopedia - Mon, May 6, 2013 1:30 AM SGT
Find out how your business can get the money it needs - even when the bank says "no".
- The Most Expensive Sports Trophies Investopedia - Sun, May 5, 2013 9:00 PM SGT
Pro sports' championship hardware costs a fortune to craft. Find out which North American sport boasts the most valuable prize.
- How Spring Cleaning Can Make You Money Investopedia - Sat, May 4, 2013 9:00 PM SGT
Spring cleaning is a well-established tradition, but you can also make money by selling your unwanted goods.
- Activities You Can Take Advantage Of In The Pre-Market … Investopedia - Sat, May 4, 2013 1:25 AM SGT
A great deal can happen in between the New York close of the market and the open the following morning. Learn how you can access opportunities and hedge against risk outside regular trading hours.
- Leading Economic Indicators Predict Market Trends Investopedia - Thu, May 2, 2013 11:00 PM SGT
Leading indicators help investors to predict and react to where the market is headed.
- Introduction To The Continuing Claims Report Investopedia - Thu, May 2, 2013 11:00 PM SGT
This weekly economic release contains important information concerning unemployment levels and insurance.