- Cohen Mulls Plans to Shutter SAC, Open 'Family Sho … @ Fox Business - 7 hours ago
Gasparino: SAC Capital is considering winding down its operations and converting into a 'family shop' that manages founder Steve Cohen's multi-billion-dollar fortune amid a mounting government investigation ...
- Jersey Shore Business Owner: Hope Stronger Than Any … @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 5:27 AM SGT
As Jersey Shore businesses continue to rebuild after Sandy, Susan Schork serves as a reminder that hope can be a powerful business tool when it comes to conquering challenges.
- Sandy-Ravaged Rockaways Prep for Subdued Memorial … @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 4:26 AM SGT
The Rockaways in Queens, NY were devastated by Superstorm Sandy. Seven months after the storm, business owners say theyre still in the process of rebuilding but confident the city will bounce back.
- Wall Street Loses its Upward Momentum @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 4:05 AM SGT
The fact that the markets fell this week isnt worrisome in itself. However, technical signs suggest Wall Street may have lost its upward momentum.
- Week Ahead: Housing and Sentiment Data on Tap @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 3:12 AM SGT
Several important economic reports are due next week tied to housing, consumer sentiment and economic growth following Mondays Memorial Day holiday.
- How to Deliver Feedback to Employees Without Squashing … @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 2:15 AM SGT
Whether positive or negative, feedback should be motivating and constructive to help keep productivity and moral levels high in an office. How you deliver this message can help fuel forward momentum or ...
- Despite Detractors, Don't Buy Talk of Dollar's Dem … @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 2:12 AM SGT
Even after the financial crisis and amid debt worries, the U.S. dollar's status as the world's go-to currency doesn't appear to be in serious jeopardy.
- Say I Do in Targets Budget Bridal Line @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 2:03 AM SGT
Target is expanding its budget conscious offerings, this time for brides. The retailer unveiled this week a collection on dresses for brides, bridesmaids and flower girls online all under $130.
- Avoiding Fraud in a Frothy Market @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 2:01 AM SGT
Being a financial advisor carries a great deal of responsibility. After all, investors are counting on me to make smart decisions with their money, which they may need to live on, for retirement, a college ...
- 4 Tips for Using Your Credit Card Overseas @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 2:00 AM SGT
If you plan on traveling overseas this summer, be sure to pack your credit card.
- Dont Go to Work Without Your Passion @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 1:32 AM SGT
We talk about passion all the time, but few of us apply it to our job. And for business leaders, it could make all the difference in the workplace.
- Four Ways to Keep Top Performers Happy @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 1:13 AM SGT
To attract the best, you need to have the best. Its that simple.
- Midwest Gas Prices Swell Ahead of Memorial Day @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 1:04 AM SGT
Some drivers hitting the road this weekend for Memorial Day will notice higher gas prices compared to last years holiday, with the cost of making a trip to the pump showing sizable increases in the Midwest....
- RallyPoint Aims to Connect Vets, Service Members with … @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 12:56 AM SGT
Veterans and Harvard Business School alums Yinon Weiss and Aaron Kletzing say their own experience transitioning from the military to the private sector pushed them to launch RallyPoint, a career site ...
- Does Fewer Meetings = More Doing? @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 12:21 AM SGT
RIP hashtags? And how many eggs are in your basket, really? Here are some of the LOL-inducing, insightful and character-limited words of wisdom that helped me run my business this week.
- SEC Targets 'Cherry-Picking' Daddy @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 12:19 AM SGT
Financial advisor Charles J. Dushek bagged a 25,000% return in his individual retirement account from 2008 to 2011 despite Wall Street firms and giant banks collapsing, or the unemployment rate rocketing ...
- Most Drivers Catch a Break on Gas Prices this Week … @ Fox Business - Sat, May 25, 2013 12:07 AM SGT
With the summer driving season about to kick off, consumers might be able to catch a break at the pump this year.
- Hulu Said to Attract 4 Bidders @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:39 PM SGT
Hulu reportedly attracted four bidders before a deadline passed Thursday, as bidding for the online video provider heats up.
- Long Island Summer Outlook: No Clue vs. No Vacanci … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:05 PM SGT
On New Yorks Long Island, Long Beach businesses struck by Superstorm Sandy say they havent received loans to rebuild and the summer season is up in the air.
- Sears' 1Q Loss Ignites Selling Spree, Renewed Turnaround … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 11:01 PM SGT
Shares of Sears tumbled another 16% a day after the ailing retailer reported a larger-than-feared quarterly loss, bringing into question the progress of its lengthy turnaround.
- ExxonMobil, InterOil in 'Exclusive' Talks Over Papua … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:15 PM SGT
The oil giant is talking with InterOil to invest in its natural gas assets in Papua New Guinea, which could help the country's position as an energy exporter.
- Dish, nTelos to Develop Fixed-Mobile Broadband Ser … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:09 PM SGT
The satellite television provider intends to work with NTELOS Holdings, a regional provider of wireless communications services, to develop fixed-mobile broadband.
- What You Need to Know About a Home Insurance Plan @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:00 PM SGT
The right homeowners insurance can protect your assets in the event of a natural disaster or a catastrophic loss. But finding the right plan with adequate coverage can be difficult depending on where you ...
- Bidding War? Google Joins Race to Acquire Mapping Start-Up … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:00 PM SGT
Google is considering buying the Israeli mobile satellite navigation startup, which may lead to a bidding war with Facebook.
- Intern Guide: How to Make a Lasting Impression the … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 10:00 PM SGT
Starting an internship may be nerve wracking but its important for interns to put their best foot forward and demonstrate their value to employers starting on Day One. Heres how experts say interns can ...
- A New Hedge Against Rising Rates @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 9:37 PM SGT
ProShares launched a high-yield corporate debt exchange-traded fund that will take a short position in U.S. Treasurys, offsetting exposure to junk bonds.
- Timing is Everything When Tax Planning for Your Small … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 9:20 PM SGT
When it comes to tax planning for your business the timing of taxable events and transactions are crucial.
- Hibbett's 1Q Misses as Weather Dampens Sales @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 9:19 PM SGT
The sporting-goods retailer said its fiscal first-quarter earnings slipped 0.6%, missing expectations amid higher costs that overshadowed slight growth in same-store sales.
- Power, Fame or Fortune: Which Would You Choose? @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 9:16 PM SGT
If you want to know what motivates people, heres a simple game thats guaranteed to deliver insightful if not entertaining results.
- Report: FTC Launches Probe Into Google's Display-Ad … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 9:16 PM SGT
The FTC has reportedly begun an inquiry into whether the tech behemoth is illegally limiting competition in the online display-advertising market.
- Foot Locker 1Q Profit, Sales Run Higher @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 9:05 PM SGT
Foot Locker revealed stronger-than-expected first-quarter earnings and improved sales at stores open longer than a year.
- Abercrombie & Fitch's 15% Sales Plunge Sparks Steep … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 9:00 PM SGT
Citing inventory shortages, A&F suffered worse-than-expected results and forecast below-consensus EPS.
- Small Businesses Face Off Against Major Corporatio … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 7:57 PM SGT
When it comes to tax reform, small businesses fear that corporate tax cuts could mean a bigger burden for them.
- Strong German Data Fail to Lift Sentiment; Futures … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 7:23 PM SGT
A round of strong data on Europe's biggest economy failed to lift sentiment across global trading desks Friday, with Wall Street poised to snap a four-week winning streak.
- Wall Street Posts Weekly Loss, Snaps Four-Week Str … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 7:23 PM SGT
The S&P 500 slid more than 1% this week in its first weekly loss in five amid worries about when the Fed will begin tapering its vast asset-purchase program.
- Wall Street Extends Slump Despite Strong Data @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 7:23 PM SGT
The markets fell on Friday despite stronger-than-expected data from the U.S. and Germany, leaving Wall Street at risk of snapping a four-week winning streak.
- Social Responsibility No Longer Optional For Busin … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 8:28 AM SGT
Selling a good product or service is no longer enough to attract today's socially conscious shoppers, new research shows.
- Tattoo Artists, Home Cooks Hit With New Fees in Be … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 5:03 AM SGT
Searching for new sources of revenue to fund city inspections, the Berkeley City Council passes measures that will raise fees for tattoo artists and homegrown food businesses.
- NYCs Hottest Startups for 2013 Weigh in on Tumblr @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 4:30 AM SGT
Time Inc. kicks off Internet Week with the ten NYC startups it believes are the next big thing. From shopping, to dating and pet-commerce, heres whats ahead for these companies and what they have to say ...
- A High-Tech Razor Purchase Supporting Veterans @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 4:02 AM SGT
With every sale, startup Harrys supports a nonprofit that helps veterans readjust to life after war. Andy Mayfield and Jeff Raider (also of Warby Parker) explain why social entrepreneurship is so important ...
- Madoff: JPM Had to Know What I Was Doing @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:58 AM SGT
EXCLUSIVE: Admitted Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff says if he did anything right during his years of scamming investors, it's that he protected his family from the chaos.
- Corporate America Cracks Piggy Bank for Oklahoma Tornado … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:55 AM SGT
In the aftermath of the Oklahoma tornado disaster that killed at least 24 people and damaged or destroyed as many as 13,000 homes, the calls for help are being answered.
- Hurricane Katrina Inspires a Nationwide Art Franch … @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:25 AM SGT
In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans residents Cathy Deano and Renee Maloney decided to host a fun art class for adults, with BYOB wine. Years later, theyve turned the concept into a franchise ...
- Markets Flummoxed By Fed's Mixed Messages @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:50 AM SGT
Despite the market's overreaction, neither Bernanke nor any of his Fed colleagues has given any real indication of when or how QE III will be tapered off.
- S&P: Shale Oil Boom Has Far-Ranging Impact @ Fox Business - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:39 AM SGT
The rapid increase in U.S. shale oil production, which is expected to give the nation energy self-sufficiency by the end of this decade, is having a far-ranging impact.
- Chevy Sparks Price War With New Electric Car @ Fox Business - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:24 PM SGT
The automaker revealed that its newest electric vehicle, the Chevrolet Spark, will cost 38% less than the larger Volt hybrid, beating most of its competitors on price.
- How Political Pressure on the IRS Began @ Fox Business - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:22 PM SGT
The attacks against the Tea Party have been brewing for a long time.
- How to Manage Multiple Sources of Debt @ Fox Business - Thu, May 23, 2013 11:15 PM SGT
Many young adults are already struggling to get out from student loan debt, but what if they need to take on more debt for a car or a home?
- Slew of REIT Properties Narrowly Avoid Path of Oklahoma … @ Fox Business - Thu, May 23, 2013 10:20 PM SGT
Real-estate investment trust exposure to the massive tornado could have been much worse.
- Taxability of Life Insurance @ Fox Business - Thu, May 23, 2013 10:18 PM SGT
Nothing in the tax code is straightforward or easy to understand, and thats especially true when it comes to life insurance with all the caveats, exceptions and treatments.