- Asian stocks rebound after Tokyo drop AP - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 4:35 PM SGT
- Asian shares recover after bruising selloff, sentiment … Reuters - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 2:41 PM SGT
- Further equity malaise expected The Edge Malaysia - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 12:45 PM SGT
US stocks fell after Bank of Japan (BoJ) governor Haruhiko Kuroda said he sees no need to expand monetary stimulus immediately. BoJ’s policymakers refrained from expanding their tools to address b
- Overwhelming demand for AirAsia X shares The Edge Malaysia - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 12:00 PM SGT
KUALA LUMPUR: The response from foreign and bumiputera institutional investors to AirAsia X Bhd’s IPO has been “overwhelming”. The long-haul arm of the AirAsia group is undertaking the IPO to rais
- #Update* Trading of Ireka shares suspended The Edge Malaysia - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 11:30 AM SGT
KUALA LUMPUR (June 14): Trading of Ireka Corp Bhd shares has been suspended from 9am to 5pm today pending a material announcement, the construction firm said in statement to the exchange. "
- STOCKS NEWS MALAYSIA-MIDF downgrades Top Glove to … Reuters - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 9:24 AM SGT
MIDF Research has downgraded Top Glove Corp Bhd, the world's largest rubber glove maker, to 'neutral' from 'buy' as it sees a limited upside following the strengthening of the company's shares recently. ...
- Daily Markets Briefing: STI down 0.7% Singapore Business Review - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 9:08 AM SGT
- Wall St rallies on economic data, technical factor … Reuters - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 5:32 AM SGT
- Buy Your Favorite Brands With These 3 Stocks Zacks - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 5:15 AM SGT
Who owns North Face, Timberland, Tommy Bahama and Vilebrequin?
- Sector Wrap: Ethylene-related shares mixed AP - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 4:28 AM SGT
A fire at an ethylene plant in Louisiana could force a significant short-term shift in the U.S. ethylene market, a group of Citi analysts said. Officials say an explosion at The Williams Companies Inc.'s ...
- US stocks surge, breaking a three-day slump AP - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 4:11 AM SGT
- Stocks Are Ripping Higher Business Insider - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 2:28 AM SGT
- Stocks recover after Japan drop rattles traders AP - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 12:59 AM SGT
- RBS shares drop following CEO departure AP - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 12:47 AM SGT
- PVH shares rise on better-than-expected 1Q results AP - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 12:10 AM SGT
Shares of PVH Corp., the parent of Tommy Hilfiger and other clothing brands, rose Thursday after the company posted a smaller quarterly loss than Wall Street expected. THE SPARK: PVH said it lost $20.1 ...
- Stocks stabilize after Japan drop rattles traders AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 10:59 PM SGT
- SE Asia Stocks-Fall; Philippine in worst drop since … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 6:22 PM SGT
BANGKOK, June 13 (Reuters) - Southeast Asian stocks fell further on Thursday, with the Philippine index suffering its biggest loss since October 2008 and Thai stocks sliding to a five-month closing low. ...
- World stocks pummelled, dollar slumps as rout gathers … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 6:03 PM SGT
By Marc Jones LONDON (Reuters) - World stocks were pummelled and the dollar slumped on Thursday as a sell-off on global financial markets in thrall to central bank stimulus accelerated. European shares ...
- Global stocks slide led by Tokyo on worries AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 5:16 PM SGT
- European shares at seven-week lows on stimulus woe Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 3:15 PM SGT
LONDON (Reuters) - European shares sold off again on Thursday with banks and commodity stocks, sectors most exposed to the broader economic fortunes, the top fallers on concerns about stimulus unwinding ...
- Japanese stocks lead rout in Asia; dollar slides on … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 3:14 PM SGT
By Chikako Mogi TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese stocks plunged over 6 percent to bear market territory and Asian shares slid to nine-month lows on Thursday, as investors rushed for the exits as the prospect ...
- Asian stocks slide led by Tokyo on worries AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 1:57 PM SGT
- Asian shares, dollar slump on Fed stimulus uncerta … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 11:32 AM SGT
By Chikako Mogi TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese stocks stumbled into bear market territory and Asian shares hit new 2013 lows on Thursday as the prospect of reduced stimulus from central banks spooked sentiment. ...
- Gold extends gains as stocks, dollar tumble Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 11:23 AM SGT
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Gold extended gains into a second session on Thursday, as Asian stock markets fell sharply and the U.S dollar fell to four-month lows on persistent uncertainty over the Federal Reserve's ...
- TABLE-Japan rubber stocks as of May 31 fall to lowest … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 10:11 AM SGT
June 13 (Reuters) - Crude rubber inventories at Japanese ports as of May 31 fell to 14,244 tonnes, down 654 tonnes over an 11-day period to the lowest level since March 10, data from the Rubber Trade Association ...
- STOCKS NEWS MALAYSIA-MIDF raises Hartalega price t … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 9:47 AM SGT
MIDF Research raised its target price on shares of Hartalega Holdings Bhd to 5.85 ringgit from 5.19 after the world's largest synthetic glove maker acquired land to build new factories. Shares of Hartalega ...
- SGX consults public on proposed circuit breakers for … Singapore Business Review - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 9:32 AM SGT
- Asian shares fall, dollar pressured on Fed uncerta … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 9:14 AM SGT
By Chikako Mogi TOKYO (Reuters) - Asian shares hovered near 2013 lows and Japanese stocks took another dive as the prospect of less stimulus from central banks depressed sentiment, while the U.S. dollar ...
- Daily Markets Briefing: STI down 1.5% Singapore Business Review - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 9:00 AM SGT
- SGX explains why the securities market needs circuit … Singapore Business Review - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 8:47 AM SGT
- Spreadtrum raises second-quarter revenue estimates; … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 6:15 AM SGT
(Reuters) - Spreadtrum Communications Inc, a cellphone chip designer, raised its revenue estimates for the current quarter due to higher demand from low-cost smartphone makers, sending its shares up 23 ...
- Stocks slide on Wall Street; Dow below 15,000 AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 5:39 AM SGT
- Wall St slides as worry lingers over future of sti … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 5:25 AM SGT
- News Summary: Stocks sink as traders watch the Fed AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 5:20 AM SGT
CONSUMER SLUMP: Consumer discretionary stocks, a broad category that includes department stores, restaurants and media companies, fell the most of the 10 industry groups in the S&P 500 index, 1.1 percent. ...
- Shares, dollar retreat on central bank worries Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 4:57 AM SGT
By Herbert Lash NEW YORK (Reuters) - The dollar and world equity markets retreated on Wednesday as persistent concerns about central banks' support for their economies - and financial markets - weighed ...
- Lululemon shares continue their plunge on CEO exit AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 4:07 AM SGT
Lululemon Athletica Inc.'s shares sank again Wednesday following the unexpected announcement that the yoga clothing company's CEO is stepping down. THE SPARK: Lululemon said late Monday that Christine ...
- First Solar Offers 8.5M Equity Shares Zacks - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 4:00 AM SGT
First Solar will issue 8.5 million equity shares and utilize the proceeds for general corporate and development purposes.
- Biogen Idec shares fall on MS drug data worries AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 3:51 AM SGT
Shares of Biogen Idec fell Wednesday after an analyst said the company's new multiple sclerosis treatment could face pricing pressure in Europe from generic drugs. THE SPARK: Analyst Dr. Yaron Werber lowered ...
- The Science of Making Money in Stocks Zacks - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 3:35 AM SGT
Why do some people succeed spectacularly in the market while others fail? It all comes down to two things.
- HP CEO sees possible 2014 revenue growth; shares u … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 3:22 AM SGT
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co Chief Executive Officer Meg Whitman said on Wednesday that revenue growth was "still possible" for the computer maker in its next fiscal year but that ...
- Tesla shares rise on optimism about new models AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 3:13 AM SGT
Shares of Tesla Motors Inc. rose Wednesday on optimism about that the electric car maker will be able to meet production targets for its new models. THE SPARK: Baird analyst Ben Kallo boosted his price ...
- Liberty Global to Buyback Shares Zacks - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 1:20 AM SGT
Yesterday, Liberty Global decided to enhance its shareholders' wealth.
- Orchard Supply shares tumble on share sale AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 1:06 AM SGT
Shares of Orchard Supply Hardware Stores Corp. fell for a second-straight day its largest shareholder reported that he sold off his stake. THE SPARK: As of March 31, Bruce Berkowitz and his investment ...
- Wall Street drops on worry about timing of stimulus … Reuters - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 12:54 AM SGT
- Health Management shares outpace broader markets AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 12:38 AM SGT
Shares of Health Management Associates Inc. jumped Wednesday, a day after the hospital operator's largest shareholder urged it to ease a "poison pill" shareholder rights plan designed to prevent ...
- Stocks Take A Sharp Turn Lower As The World's Hottest … Business Insider - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 12:24 AM SGT
Red is back.
- Ulta Beauty shares jump on strong 1st qtr results AP - Thu, Jun 13, 2013 12:21 AM SGT
Ulta Beauty shares soared Wednesday after the beauty products retailer reported stronger-than expected fiscal first-quarter profit and revenue. THE SPARK: The company formally known as Ulta Salon, Cosmetics ...
- Stocks drift lower on Wall Street, erasing a gain AP - Wed, Jun 12, 2013 11:58 PM SGT
- Gigamon shares soar in first day of trading AP - Wed, Jun 12, 2013 11:43 PM SGT
Gigamon shares soared more than 30 percent in the company's first day of trading. THE SPARK: Gigamon, which makes equipment to monitor and control computer network traffic, went public Wednesday. It priced ...
- HP shares rise after positive talk from CEO AP - Wed, Jun 12, 2013 11:22 PM SGT
Shares of Hewlett-Packard Co. are jumping after CEO Meg Whitman reiterated that revenue could grow next fiscal year. The computer and printer maker's stock is up 4 percent at $25.25 in late morning trading, ...