- Stryker Reiterated at Neutral Zacks - Sat, May 18, 2013 12:20 AM SGT
Stryker retained at Neutral following its first-quarter results.
- Autodesk skids on 1Q results and lower outlook AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:47 PM SGT
Shares of Autodesk Inc. sank Friday after the design software company posted disappointing first-quarter results and lowered its forecasts for the year. THE SPARK: Autodesk reported its results after the ...
- SINA Posts Narrower-Than-Expected Loss Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:40 PM SGT
SINA Corp reported first-quarter loss of 6 cents per share much better than the Zacks Consensus Estimate of a loss of 11 cents per share
- Applied Beats, Guidance Looks Soft Zacks - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:35 PM SGT
Applied shares remained range-bound after the company reported decent second-quarter results, as guidance disappointed.
- PPB 1Q profit rises 32% to RM236 mil The Edge Malaysia - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:15 PM SGT
KUALA LUMPUR (May 17): PPB Group Bhd reported a 32% rise in first quarter net profit from a year earlier, mainly, on higher contribution from plantation-based associate Wilmar International Ltd.
- Maersk profits, sales fall in first quarter AFP - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:02 PM SGT
Danish conglomerate A.P. Moeller-Maersk reported on Friday a drop in net profit and sales in the first quarter amid sluggish economies in North America and Europe. Net profit fell by 33 percent to 4.46 ...
- Allianz 1Q profit rises 1% to RM54 mil The Edge Malaysia - Fri, May 17, 2013 8:00 PM SGT
KUALA LUMPUR (May 17): Allianz Malaysia Bhd reported a 1% rise in first quarter net profit from a year earlier as the composite insurer registered higher gross premiums and investment income.
- Pintaras Jaya 3Q profit grows 54%, pays 10 sen div … The Edge Malaysia - Fri, May 17, 2013 7:15 PM SGT
KUALA LUMPUR (May 17): Pintaras Jaya Bhd’s third quarter net profit grew 54% year-on-year as the builder realised profits from completed projects. In a filing with Bursa Malaysia, Pintaras
- ITC quarterly profit rises 19.5 pct, meets estimat … Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:04 PM SGT
- BBR Holdings (S) Ltd - MANAGEMENT REPLY: Is another … Investor Central - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:00 PM SGT
BBR Holdings (S) Ltd recorded a drop in revenue and profit for Q1. The company expects to remain profitable in 2013, but it didn't commit to any growth this year. Will profit drop again?
- Rig maker Lamprell says debt restructuring on trac … Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:46 PM SGT
LONDON (Reuters) - Oil rig maker Lamprell (LAM.L) said it is on track to restructure its debt and agree revised covenants by the end of June, as the company recovers from a 2012 loss. The company said ...
- ABN AMRO cuts 400 jobs as prepares for eventual sa … Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:41 PM SGT
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - State-owned Dutch bank ABN AMRO is to cut 400 jobs, about 2 percent of its workforce, as it prepares for an eventual sale. The bank, which on Friday posted first-quarter results hit ...
- Singapore Airlines shares fall on Q4 earnings, tough … Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 9:10 AM SGT
SINGAPORE, May 17 (Reuters) - Shares of Singapore Airlines Ltd (SIA) fell as much as 3 percent after Asia's second-largest carrier reported weaker-than-expected full-year results and warned of a tough ...
- SINA narrows 1Q loss on improved revenue AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 6:34 AM SGT
SINA Corp., which operates a popular Chinese Internet portal, said Thursday that it narrowed its first-quarter loss on improved revenue. The company posted a loss of $13.2 million, or 20 cents per share, ...
- Dell profits plunge on PC woes AFP - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:24 AM SGT
US computer giant Dell said Thursday its quarterly profit plunged 79 percent from a year ago, as a shift away from PCs hammered the company's bottom line. The net profit for the first fiscal quarter slumped ...
- SIA full-year profit soars 12.8% but operating performance … Singapore Business Review - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:18 AM SGT
- Autodesk shares sink on weak 1Q and forecast AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:03 AM SGT
Autodesk Inc. on Thursday reported fiscal first-quarter results that disappointed investors, saying "mixed" economic conditions worldwide had hurt its business. The design software company also ...
- Kohl's 1Q Earnings Beat, Outlook Up Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 10:20 PM SGT
Kohl's Corporation posted fiscal 2013-first quarter earnings of 66 cents, beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 58 cents per share by 13.8%.
- First quarter revenue in line with our estimates. Possible … Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 10:00 PM SGT
CDTI: First quarter revenue in line with our estimates. Possible catalyst expansion into Honda Acura line.
- Brady shares tumble on weak fiscal 3Q results AP - Thu, May 16, 2013 9:05 PM SGT
ID and security products maker Brady Corp. said Thursday its fiscal third-quarter net income plunged 85 percent, pulled down by hefty loss from discontinued operations and sending its shares tumbling before ...
- Cisco's 3Q Earnings Beat Estimate Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 8:30 PM SGT
Cisco Systems reported third-quarter 2013 earnings of 48 cents a share, beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 45 cents on higher revenues and lower-than-expected operating expenses.
- CSN Posts Weak 1Q13 Earnings & Rev Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 8:10 PM SGT
CSN reported disappointing financial results for the first quarter of 2013 on May 15. The company's net income fell 82.4% year over year and settled at R$16.3 million (US$8.2 million). Earnings per share ...
- PLAB Lags Earnings & Revenue in 2Q13 Zacks - Thu, May 16, 2013 8:00 PM SGT
Photronics missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for earnings as well as revenues in the fiscal second quarter of 2013.
- #Update* AMMB 4Q profit rises 25% to RM406m The Edge Malaysia - Thu, May 16, 2013 3:00 PM SGT
KUALA LUMPUR (May 16): AMMB Holdings Bhd reported a 25% rise in fourth quarter net profit from a year earlier on higher interest, Islamic banking and insurance operations income. Lower all
- #Flash* AMMB 4Q net profit rises 25%, revenue up 1 … The Edge Malaysia - Thu, May 16, 2013 1:00 PM SGT
Flash : AMMB 4Q net profit rises 25%, revenue up 10%
- STOCKS NEWS SINGAPORE-Index flat; Noble falls Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:31 PM SGT
Singapore stocks were steady on Thursday, while shares of Singapore-listed commodities firm Noble Group Ltd fell for the second consecutive session after posting weak first-quarter results. The Straits ...
- #Hot Stock* UOA rises 2% on upgrades, RM2 bil sales … The Edge Malaysia - Thu, May 16, 2013 12:15 PM SGT
KUALA LUMPUR (May 16): UOA Development Bhd rose as much as 2% on analysts' upgrades before the stock erased gains. This followed news that the property firm's first quarter net profit almost tripl
- Cisco profit beats Street, shares rise on outlook Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 8:21 AM SGT
- Highfields, other funds dove into Dell fray in first … Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 6:27 AM SGT
BOSTON (Reuters) - Several top stock-picking hedge funds bought about 30 million shares of PC maker Dell Inc in the first quarter, possibly increasing pressure on company founder Michael Dell to improve ...
- Skechers posts 1Q profit on improved sales AP - Thu, May 16, 2013 5:25 AM SGT
Skechers USA Inc. on Wednesday posted a profit for its first quarter on greatly improved sales. The shoe company's profit fell short of market expectations but its revenue for the period far exceeded analyst ...
- LATAM airlines Q1 profit down almost half year ago AP - Thu, May 16, 2013 4:01 AM SGT
LATAM Airlines Group's first quarter net profit has dropped by nearly half from the same period last year on lower cargo revenue and sudden changes in foreign exchange. LATAM was created when Chile's LAN ...
- Tencent Posts Rocketing Profits, Sees 195 Million Active … Tech in Asia - Thu, May 16, 2013 2:39 AM SGT
China’s biggest web company by revenue has just posted its Q1 2013 financial report. Tencent (HKG:0700) reports rocketing revenues and profits for the whole group, which covers products across social media, ...
- ExOne shares fall on larger-than-expected 1Q loss AP - Thu, May 16, 2013 2:32 AM SGT
Shares of The ExOne Co. tumbled Wednesday after the three-dimensional printer maker announced worse-than-expected quarterly results and issued a disappointing forecast. THE SPARK: ExOne said late Tuesday ...
- Food maker Pinnacle's 1Q net jumps on lower costs AP - Wed, May 15, 2013 10:03 PM SGT
Pinnacle Foods Inc., which went public in March, said Wednesday that its first-quarter net income more than doubled. The company paid less interest as its debt decreased and curbed some costs, offsetting ...
- Agilent Sees Persistent Weakness in 2013 Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 8:45 PM SGT
Agilent's fiscal second-quarter results beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate but the guidance was disappointing.
- Valspar's Earnings Tops, Hits New 52-week High Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 8:10 PM SGT
Valspar's second quarter earnings topped the Zacks Consensus Estimate on a recovery in its paint business.
- DTSI's Earnings Ahead of Estimate Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 8:00 PM SGT
DTS Inc. reported first quarter 2013 non-GAAP earnings per share of 22 cents compared with 37 cents per share earned in the year-ago quarter.
- Why ThaiBev's 20.3% profit drop was not surprising … Singapore Business Review - Wed, May 15, 2013 4:40 PM SGT
- Allianz: Low rates to keep earnings under pressure AP - Wed, May 15, 2013 4:14 PM SGT
Low losses from natural disasters and higher prices in the key markets of Germany, Turkey and Latin America lifted profits at German insurance company Allianz SE during the first quarter. But Allianz did ...
- STOCKS NEWS SINGAPORE-Index edges up; Noble drags Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 12:38 PM SGT
Singapore shares rose slightly on Wednesday, while shares of Noble Group Ltd tumbled after posting weak results for the first quarter. The Straits Times Index was up just 0.2 percent to 3451.04 points, ...
- SingTel suffers 33% profit drop to $868.2m Singapore Business Review - Wed, May 15, 2013 11:47 AM SGT
- SingTel net profit down 32.6% in fourth quarter AFP - Wed, May 15, 2013 10:01 AM SGT
Singapore Telecom said Wednesday its net profit fell 32.6 percent in the fiscal fourth quarter, weighed down by a loss on the sale of its stake in a Pakistani mobile phone firm. Earnings for the three ...
- Noble Group shares fall after poor Q1 earnings Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 9:15 AM SGT
SINGAPORE, May 15 (Reuters) - Shares of Singapore-listed commodities firm Noble Group fell as much as 3.6 percent on Wednesday as investors reacted to the firm's weaker-than-expected quarterly earnings. ...
- Singapore's Olam International Q3 net profit rises … Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 7:28 AM SGT
SINGAPORE, May 15 (Reuters) - Singapore commodities firm Olam International Ltd reported a 10 percent rise in third-quarter net profit on Wednesday, helped by a strong performance in its food staples and ...
- Rogers shares slip in after-hours trading AP - Wed, May 15, 2013 6:56 AM SGT
Rogers Corp.'s shares fell about 4 percent in after-hours trading Tuesday after the company lowered its second-quarter earnings forecast and unveiled major cost-cutting measures. The materials company, ...
- SingTel Q4 profit falls 33 pct, sees higher EBITDA … Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013 6:44 AM SGT
SINGAPORE, May 15 (Reuters) - Singapore Telecommunications Ltd, Southeast Asia's largest telecommunications operator, posted on Wednesday a 33 percent fall in fourth quarter net profit, hurt by a one-time ...
- FormFactor Upped to Outperform Zacks - Wed, May 15, 2013 4:30 AM SGT
On May 6 2013, we upgraded semiconductor wafer probe card supplier, FormFactor Inc. to Outperform based on its impressive first-quarter results and improving prospects.
- Copa Holdings shares surge on analyst upgrade AP - Wed, May 15, 2013 3:37 AM SGT
Shares of Copa Holdings SA, the parent company of Panama's national airline, jumped Tuesday after a Deutsche Bank analyst upgraded the company to "Buy," citing strong first-quarter results and ...
- Movers roundup: Velti, WPX Energy AP - Wed, May 15, 2013 2:33 AM SGT
Among the stock activity stories for Tuesday, May 14, from AP Business News: — Shares of Velti PLC fell after the mobile marketing company posted a smaller-than-expected quarterly loss, but issued a weak ...
- Monster Beverage gains some traction AP - Wed, May 15, 2013 1:46 AM SGT
Monster Beverage shares are gaining some traction less than a week after the energy drink maker reported disappointing first-quarter results and a slowdown in sales. THE SPARK: Last Wednesday, Monster ...